Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Ryan Anderson

25 members have voted

1. 1. Did We Make a Mistake By Not Re-Signing Ryan Anderson?

• Yes, he's worth 9 million a year for the following reasons...
    • No, he's not worth 9 million a year for the following reasons...

I don't even think he'd fit into our style of play at the moment, although I'm sure Vaughn would have accommodated him. All the same he's certainly not worth 9 million a year.

Great young player and I love the guy, but he's already peaked. The bigger question is if we could've harvested a bigger return...

I'm pretty sure thats what we are all thinking. But then when you think about it the Magic were in a tough spot. They were gonna loose him for nothing so they managed to get something out of it. Looking back on it and the particulars of the situation I don't really think they could have gotten much more.

I'm pretty sure thats what we are all thinking. But then when you think about it the Magic were in a tough spot. They were gonna loose him for nothing so they managed to get something out of it. Looking back on it and the particulars of the situation I don't really think they could have gotten much more.

It's all speculation. Obviously we'll never know but I was just pondering...

RA was great for us but we could have lost him for nothing. We not only got Ayon, we also got a big TPE that could be used in a future trade. I like RA's game but too much money for what we are attempting to do here. We made the right move!

I can go either way with this one, but Ryno's positives went so far beyond just his offensive abilities, which, as you stated, were considerable. I really do see Ryno as the next Dirk, although I don't think he'll ever quite have Dirk's moves or handles (so "Dirk-lite").

Ryno was also a positive guy, and while kind of goofy, never goofed off on the court (Dwight). He played hard every night, hustled every night, and was just...positive. Those are traits that are hard to coach into someone.

I get why we let him go, but I think Ryno might have been a better piece to hang onto than 'Meer, and I'm a HUGE fan Jameer.

Too much for a guy that dissapeared in big games. He is a nice complimentary piece, not someone you build around.

Same... Love him... Great Shooter... Smart...

But went missing several times when we needed him the most. RA is a compliment player, a good piece to a championship run. But in order for him to be even better, he has to show up when the time comes.... or even try to show up.... anything than going MIA. and I dont mean Miami.

I can go either way with this one, but Ryno's positives went so far beyond just his offensive abilities, which, as you stated, were considerable. I really do see Ryno as the next Dirk, although I don't think he'll ever quite have Dirk's moves or handles (so "Dirk-lite").

So you just mean a big white guy who can shoot threes, because that's about the only similarity between the two.

• Upvote 2

So you just mean a big white guy who can shoot threes, because that's about the only similarity between the two.

I mean similar foot-speed and playing style. Except Ryno crashes the boards a little harder and Dirk is a better all around shooter (from literally anywhere on the floor).

I'd say Rashard Lewis or Hedo, but he's not really like either of those guys, either. He's a tweener with guard shooting skills, PF handles, and PF/C size: There aren't a lot of guys in the league that I can name off the top of my head like that. He's not freakishly athletic, he's not fast, he doesn't throw it down on the regular, he gets opportunity rebounds, he doesn't play much defense...

Yeah - you're right: the only similarity is that they're white...

I mean similar foot-speed and playing style. Except Ryno crashes the boards a little harder and Dirk is a better all around shooter (from literally anywhere on the floor).

I'd say Rashard Lewis or Hedo, but he's not really like either of those guys, either. He's a tweener with guard shooting skills, PF handles, and PF/C size: There aren't a lot of guys in the league that I can name off the top of my head like that. He's not freakishly athletic, he's not fast, he doesn't throw it down on the regular, he gets opportunity rebounds, he doesn't play much defense...

Yeah - you're right: the only similarity is that they're white...

Mehmet Okur.

Don't forget that Ryan doesn't have a midrange game.

I don't think anyone's footwork can compare to Dirk's, but that's just me. I have never seen anyone make such an awkward shot look so simple. Watching him train shooting like that was amazing to me.