Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

BKN @ ORL 11/9 Game Thread

From what i've seen Ish has barely had an open shot, other than what he has had to create for himself (something Duhon couldn't do).

Ish is a very average player but at least he has some transition skills (well he did last season anyway). Duhon was so untrustworthy as a point guard, that he literally did nothing more than (try to) carry the ball up court, and shoot the occasional wide open three. Two of JJ, Jameer or Turk had to be on the court the same time as him otherwise we had zero creativity.

Ish hardly ever creates anything other than bad shots or turnovers. He has been open; nobody guards him past 20 feet. It might seem like he never has open shots, that's probably because he likes to force up contested shots he has no business taking to begin with.

Not that it matters; we suck.

He hasn't regressed, he has always sucked. This is why quite a few of us were sick of hearing about Stan not playing him. He can't run an offense, he just runs around real fast and looks like he is doing a lot.

Thank you Marc! I was sitting here thinking the same thing before I read your post. Last season I honestly did not see or understand why some of the posters wanted Stan to play Ish. (It's not that I wanted Duhon as the backup either) In my opinion, there is/was no difference between the two. It's just like Marc stated. All I remember seeing was this little guy running fast and most of the time when he tried to attack the basket, it was not with positive results.

Ish would do a lot of dribbling from side to side (away from the basket near the 3 pt. line) looking for someone to pass the ball to. And just like Duhon, he would dribble the clock down.

To be honest, I was hoping that Ish would be cut before the season started. I was so-o-o disappointed when I read that the Magic re-signed him.

:sadcrab:

It's cool guys. Ish has a jumper now, remember? In other news.. no Shabazz?! My new hope is that we find this year's Damian Lillard.

I said I was afraid we would be better than I expected, but I didn't change my 19 wins prediction

Here's exactly what you said:

Glen and Ayon looked terrible and we still took it to the Bulls.

I'm afraid our lottery spot may be compromised

19 win teams don't have to worry about their lottery positioning.

Magic played their worst game of the season so far

After a good start, Magic goes back to sucking, very disappointing!

What exactly are your expectations for this season? Serious question.

Also don't think the whole play McRoberts at the 3 is doing anything for anyone

Put Moe in the starting lineup and let him learn the game as we tank

I still think we should just slide Afflalo to SF and start JJ.

Also don't think the whole play McRoberts at the 3 is doing anything for anyone

Put Moe in the starting lineup and let him learn the game as we tank

Don't think Coach Jacque wants to throw him to the wolves like that but i agree....McBob isn't doing anyone any favors with this lackadaisical demeanor....i mean look at his body language and energy out there it's so lacking it's not even funny......If i can see it i'm sure coaches can see it as well but with no Dequan due to injury Coach has no choice

Thank you Marc! I was sitting here thinking the same thing before I read your post. Last season I honestly did not see or understand why some of the posters wanted Stan to play Ish. (It's not that I wanted Duhon as the backup either) In my opinion, there is/was no difference between the two. It's just like Marc stated. All I remember seeing was this little guy running fast and most of the time when he tried to attack the basket, it was not with positive results.

Ish would do a lot of dribbling from side to side (away from the basket near the 3 pt. line) looking for someone to pass the ball to. And just like Duhon, he would dribble the clock down.

To be honest, I was hoping that Ish would be cut before the season started. I was so-o-o disappointed when I read that the Magic re-signed him.

:sadcrab:

I appear to be unintentionally lumping myself in the Ish Smith fan club, but honestly I don't really rate him. He is an extremely one dimensional player and it is questionnable whether he is really good enough for the NBA.

My seemingly pro Ish sentiments are based on the utter despair that I felt watching Duhon every game last year.

Both aren't/weren't good enough, we badly need Jameer back.

My only complaint/concern is Hark not looking for his offense at all, but he's also playing his 3rd pro game Sunday.

Other than that, wins are pleasant but not needed. McAdoo/Noel/Bird and Wiggins the next year woooooooo.

Also, Jarnell Stokes.

Off topic, but involves the D**che..

Mike Brown FIRED as coach of the Lakers. Ha ha! couldn't happen to a nicer organization. :tongue:

This is planned. They already have a coach. But they are making it seem like they are looking for a coach to replace the open spot. And not seem like dropping Coach Brown for this new coach. Phil maybe....