barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Wow at that Parsons shot to beat the buzzer

literally can't believe Otis passed on this guy in the second round in favor for Justin Harper when he grew up in freaking casselberry and played at UF

Justin harper was not drafted by us. He was adquired on a trade.

I love the (insert GM) passed on (2nd round pick) here argument. Um if they got picked in 2nd round every single GM passed on them.

Justin Harper was a physical specimen who could shoot from three point land.

Problem was he timid as hell despite his size and lost on floor.....it helps if you actually scout and talk to a player before picking him.

Otis gave up 2 picks in the second round to get him.

Its finally a close, the season is finally over and we have as a team done the best we could with what we had going given the circumstances that took place. Early off in the season i know alot of us had hopes that we would be able to make the playoffs as an 8th seed (yes this includes me). And for the most part it looked like we were really on our way. We made some noise and had some redemption but injuries caught us in the worst way. And so we limped for the rest of season trying to do our best against the second half of our schedule that seemed like we were climbing Mt. Everest.... with weights.... and no legs. We fell.... hard and fast into the basement segment of the NBA called ABA waiting room. Our result is crystal clear, 20 wins.... 62 losses.... A sad feeling from the days when we were able to win 50 games and consistently talk about our playoff push and what matchups would be interesting.

Now the conversation shifts to what players would be interesting when discussing the future of the Magic. It should be the main silver lining in our bleak season where we had hope and some were just complete delusional ( Barnettej.....lol). This silver lining gos hand in hand with what our new GM was able to accomplish for his first year with a team that was a wreck to be polite. We grabbed Nilkola, who made history... We grabbed Mo Harkless who seemed to be a favorite of last years draft, we draft Andrew who technically is pretty gifted offensively as a rookie.... although A sloth would depict him the best when describing his defense. We grabbed another Vet who has been through the trade swings and the team rebuilds in Arron. We finally gave Nelson the sole possession of leader on a young team in need of one. Then we made a mid season trade that would add another new dynamic to the mix in Tobias Harris, in that same trade we finally achieved something that has taken us 8yrs to do.... get a good backup PG in Beno... and we have another X factor in Lamb.

Overall thats one heck of a job considering what we gave up which was really Ryan Anderson, Dwight Howard and JJ Redick. And dont forget about all those draft picks we have.

Q-Rich - Gone

J-Rich - Gone

Uhn - Gone

Ryan - Gone

JJ - Gone

Earl - Gone

Ish - Gone

Turk - Non Existent / Gone

Harper - Gone

Hughes - Gone

Liggins - Gone

Orton - Gone

Von - Gone

Dwight - Gone

This was our team last year.... only 2 players are now left from that 2011 -12 team. I would say that the movement of all these players happening within a year is pretty impressive for what we have going into the 20013 - 14 season. Again, a very good job by a first year GM that really had very little to work with (remember Dwight was leaving no matter what).

That was then and this is now.

I give alot of credit to our new guys, our new Orlando Magic that will hopefully lead us to the promise land and finally raise a banner in our Arena. They do look do look good from what we have witness so far... Nik grabbing 29 boards.... having several doubles/doubles.... Harkless coming out of his mold.... Andrew showing his crafty-ness aroud the rim... Jones givings us some glimpses of high rising dunks.... Harris tearing it up... Beno doing a good job at backup pg (not like he had any comp in that dept), and Lamb showing some defensive prow less and 3pt touch. Overall im happy with the way we came to play given what we had and how we had to handle it.

The upcoming draft isnt packed full of game changing players, I do have hope and belief in our GM to find the best player available for what we need either now or for the future... Im actually having a feeling that we may just trade down and draft Burke in the 7 - 10 range. I think we have a good Center now and drafting another one would just create problems that we really dont need. However, who knows what will happen and i can only speculate as a fan.... looking from the outside.

With that said.

THANK YOU ORLANDO MAGIC

IM PROUD OF YOU ALL

#WEWILL

• Upvote 1

Lawrence Frank also getting the sack today too..

I mean, they were talking about him for the Rutgers job a week ago. He would be a hell of a fit there, already knows the NJ area and could get guys in the NBA. That would be a great pitch for NJ/NYC kids.

McLemore?

Yeah that scares me about McLemore...which is why I think Burke should be our pick.

Noel > Burke > McLemore

In my opinion

I'd have to agree in terms of sheer talent. It could work as a pick if we shift T12 to SF, bring Noel in at PF, and keep Vuch at C, then that could give us decent size and some increased defensive ability. But personally I hope we go for Burke, and if he's gone, McLemore.