barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

So you make a bold but retarded statement, get called out for it and change your mine in just over 1 hour? At least try to defend it before changing you mind. If nothing else it makes for a lively thread in this rapidly rotting road kill of a season.

I give him credit for realizing he made an idiotic statement and at least kind of backing away from it. The only thing worse than saying things like, "My college team could totally take this pro team" - and trust me, its a real pet peeve of mine - is when someone realizes they made a statement that is inheritantly wrong but tries to defend it just for the sake of saving face.

I think Cleveland has a pretty good chance of passing us in the standings this week. They host Charlotte Wednesday and come down to Orlando on Friday. Meanwhile, the Clippers come here on Wednesday looking for some revenge.

I give him credit for realizing he made an idiotic statement and at least kind of backing away from it. The only thing worse than saying things like, "My college team could totally take this pro team" - and trust me, its a real pet peeve of mine - is when someone realizes they made a statement that is inheritantly wrong but tries to defend it just for the sake of saving face.

Oh I know, just trying to stir the pot a little.

Sorry to disappoint ya'll but I really was kidding... I guess you wouldnt have a way of knowing it (especially since plenty of people on here are dumb enough to say something like that and mean it) but I am not one of those people who ever tries to make the case for a CFB or CBB team to be a pro team. I'm on of the people calling them an idiot. Saying UF would win was a joke. My second post about the matchups and my predicted outcome if they played was not, however.

a college basketball team versus an nba team? NBA team wins 99% of the time.

NBA players on the worst team are still faster, stronger, and overall better than college teams.

Sorry to disappoint ya'll but I really was kidding... I guess you wouldnt have a way of knowing it (especially since plenty of people on here are dumb enough to say something like that and mean it) but I am not one of those people who ever tries to make the case for a CFB or CBB team to be a pro team. I'm on of the people calling them an idiot. Saying UF would win was a joke. My second post about the matchups and my predicted outcome if they played was not, however.

Riiiiiiiiight...

A college team couldn't beat an NBA team. Last year's Bobcats had Kemba who single handily destroyed college basketball the year before. They also had Biyombo who had obliterated all of the college big men in the FIBAs. So yeah, no.

However, the team we rolled out last night.... 07 Florida could've made a game out of it. Or even that Kentucky team a few years back that had like 6 first round picks.

Nope and nope. No college team will ever beat a NBA team. The argument is ludacris and the fact that Bianchi can troll and get web hits on such a tired topic is a disgrace to this fine community.

I would actually love for it to happen so when the NBA team wins by 30-40 points we can finally put this to bed.

Not that I think The Gators would beat the Magic (because they wouldnt), but I have to throw out the cheesy line that basketball is a sum of its parts and that talent is not everything when it comes to W's. For example, if you took a random NBA player from 5 NBA teams and pitted them up against a theoretical college powerhouse who have played together for 3-4 years you may be surprised at the win distribution.

• Upvote 2