barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

If I'm Ainge, I'm looking to deal Garnett and/or Pierce now.

I certainly agree with you, but I'd be a little surprised if Pierce doesn't retire in Boston.

If I'm Ainge, I'm looking to deal Garnett and/or Pierce now.

Garnett can veto any trade. For those saying they will blow it up, check out the ridiculous contracts Ainge gave out. Dude went full Otiz by giving sizable deals to Bass, Greene, Lee and Terry.

EDIT: Given how stale the board has been, I'm going to allow us to process this topic just a bit more in this forum before moving it.

Garnett can veto any trade. For those saying they will blow it up, check out the ridiculous contracts Ainge gave out. Dude went full Otiz by giving sizable deals to Bass, Greene, Lee and Terry.

EDIT: Given how stale the board has been, I'm going to allow us to process this topic just a bit more in this forum before moving it.

Maybe we could take one of those guys off their hands in exchange for a draft pick?

He would pretty much have to be to be stuck behind another one of the worst players to ever wear a Magic uniform last season. It's hilarious that one of the biggest issues that Stan's critics had was Ish freaking Smith.

I am here to publicly apologize for that. I honestly didn't care for Duhon getting the nod over Ish, although I always figured Stan saw something in practice we didn't. Turned out what he saw was Ish Smith.

Etwuan Moore: 8.7 PTS, 2.6 AST, 2.3 REB paid less than a million a year.

Jason Terry: 9.8 PTS, 2.2 AST, 1.9 REB paid 5 million a year on average.

Someone in the Celtics front office messed up.

If redick is part of our foundation why we want to trade him and not afflalo

He's a foundation of our team AS IS. I would love to keep him, but the reality is that we are not a championship team. He has a lot of value on the market for a team making a playoff run and an expiring contract to boot. Shooters are valued in this league; with Redick you get that and a lot more.

I want to keep Redick for the long haul, but that's just me being selfish. I think we could make a great team in the future that includes Redick, but I have a biased opinion.

We should probably keep JJ it's hard to find an elite shooter like him plus those guys can play till there mid/late 30s. Hopefully we are contenders before then.

Afflalo is the only player who played meaningful minutes tonight who you can't find a positive in his play.

Unless he is making his shots, which hasn't lately. Finding a positive in his selfish unathletic play, is very hard to find. I believe his vertical is less than Jameer's.

JJ, even less athletic has more positives than AA even when JJ is not making his shots.

I say trade JJ. We'll get something nice for him and the trade will give JJ a change of scenery and a chance to compete. We can always try to sign him after his contract expires or when we're competitive. If he does decide to sign, we'll be in a better position than if just kept him.