barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Don't kid yourself; Moore, Jones, Harkless, Nicholson, and Ayon is pretty terrible. Only difference is, "terrible" would be the goal for us.

I don't think he was trying to say that our bench is good. Just that our bench > Lakers bench. Which I agree with. Any bench that features Duhon (even though he wasn't mentioned, he IS still on that bench) should be considered the worst.

I don't think he was trying to say that our bench is good. Just that our bench > Lakers bench. Which I agree with. Any bench that features Duhon (even though he wasn't mentioned, he IS still on that bench) should be considered the worst.

I still don't know if I'd take our bench (excluding JJ) over their's (in terms of current ability). To me, the only thing that would give our bench the upperhand is the youth and potential. Duhon has actually played ok this year. Meeks has been up and down. Jordan Hill is an ok backup (but he's done for the year). Jamison blows. Earl is playing well as of late. The big problems with their bench is that they have no one who can play even average defense and they have only 2 or 3 guys who you could consider to be young, but they're nothing special even when held to that standard (ie. Sacre, Ebanks, etc.).

Then you look at our bench. Beyond JJ, no one has much experience at the NBA level except McBob. And if you want to include Al, go right ahead. However, we have youth with potential. As of now JJ IS our bench.

I'm just saying it's not like our bench is that much better, if at all. Both benches suck, but like I said earlier, we weren't expected to compete this year and we have guys on our bench with potential to improve.

Nah. Lakers Bench is far worse. Not counting the idiocy that is Gasol being on the bench right now (which will last a week at most) the Lakers 2nd 5 consists of:

PG- Steve Blake

SG- Jodie Meeks

SF- Devan Ebanks

PF- Earl Clark

C- Robert Sacre

I will take Moore, Jones, Harkless, Nicholson, and Ayon over that crew every day of the week and twice on sunday.

I'm pretty sure Earl Clark is a long term (relative to this season) starter now. Pau plays better at the center position and he gets more touches in a post up position without Dwight there.

I still don't know if I'd take our bench (excluding JJ) over their's (in terms of current ability). To me, the only thing that would give our bench the upperhand is the youth and potential. Duhon has actually played ok this year. Meeks has been up and down. Jordan Hill is an ok backup (but he's done for the year). Jamison blows. Earl is playing well as of late. The big problems with their bench is that they have no one who can play even average defense and they have only 2 or 3 guys who you could consider to be young, but they're nothing special even when held to that standard (ie. Sacre, Ebanks, etc.).

Then you look at our bench. Beyond JJ, no one has much experience at the NBA level except McBob. And if you want to include Al, go right ahead. However, we have youth with potential. As of now JJ IS our bench.

I'm just saying it's not like our bench is that much better, if at all. Both benches suck, but like I said earlier, we weren't expected to compete this year and we have guys on our bench with potential to improve.

I agree that the potential of our bench is more fruitful. BUT I think the veteran experience of the Lakers bench, along with the fact that their bench lineup includes either Clark or Gasol, makes their bench better.

Also, I like McBob coming off the bench, he's solid but suddenly picks up a DNP?

I am a little puzzled at the complete lack of defense on the Lakers. DwightMare has been DPOY, Kobe has been on several all-defensive teams, and the others have a lot of defense experience too. So, does all of that get wiped clean in the off season? They forget everything they ever knew about defense? In the games I have watched it looks like they are thinking "maybe I was supposed to do something" as they watch someone dunk or hit a three. And when they show D'Antonie he always has a very blank look, like "I think they were supposed to do something". Don't get me wrong, I love seeing this, it just puzzles me a bit.

I am a little puzzled at the complete lack of defense on the Lakers. DwightMare has been DPOY, Kobe has been on several all-defensive teams, and the others have a lot of defense experience too. So, does all of that get wiped clean in the off season? They forget everything they ever knew about defense? In the games I have watched it looks like they are thinking "maybe I was supposed to do something" as they watch someone dunk or hit a three. And when they show D'Antonie he always has a very blank look, like "I think they were supposed to do something". Don't get me wrong, I love seeing this, it just puzzles me a bit.

I lost track of how many times Clark got lost on defense the other night. Same problem he had here.

And Kobe gets lost too; if he's not guarding the ball directly he wanders off. A few screens later and his man is cutting towards the rim.

Nash is...putrid to say the least.

Our bench play depends 100% on which 3Twuan or Ish shows up. When they play well (and both of them have the ability to put on a show when they play), the bench is solid. When they play poorly (much more often), the bench is terrible.

Our bench play depends 100% on which 3Twuan or Ish shows up. When they play well (and both of them have the ability to put on a show when they play), the bench is solid. When they play poorly (much more often), the bench is terrible.

I only recall one good performance from Ish in his entire tenure with the Magic and that was a week or so back vs. the Clippers. Other than that game he has pretty much done nothing at all

Darn, I put this in the wrong thread in the wrong forum.

• Upvote 1

Ish is one of the worst players ever to wear a Magic uni

Ish is one of the worst players ever to wear a Magic uni

Remember that time when he was supposed to catch the in-bounds pass, didn't, and then gave up an easy bucket. Then it happened again.