barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

He only took like 7 shots that game, but I know what you mean. There was a stretch, it might have been in the 4th, were he took 3 quick shots completely out of the flow of the offense, none of which went in. In a close game (or at least a game the Magic were in), every possession counts. I am note saying he cost them the game, but had we scored on 2 of his missed shots the score would have obviously been a lot closer and then who knows. I am the Hawks do seem to be pretty cocky so maybe they let there coolness get in the way of completing a play or two and we sneak out a win.

Yes, and I'm saying he did cost us the game. The way he played in the forth, if we had Vucevic and Nicholson in the game instead, I think we could've made a run to win it. I don't hate the guy, I just wish he changed his mentality and thought process during situations when we need him at his best.

Hence the reason for my rant on Glen.... and my statement about not looking for "Quantity" but for "Quality" and being something your not. I mean I get it we all feel that way a time or two. We all get into that phase where nothing can stop us, however most of us keep our abilities or lack of.... in mind. Those who dont usually do things they later regret.

Davis is 6"9... 280+ lbs... w/ average foot work and a 2inch vertical... Why is Glen trying to take someone off the dribble and then do a spin move from the outside of the box into the middle for a one hand hook shot.... is beyond me. Its not his game and wasnt his game ever.

"Just play within yourself"...... Thats all im asking.

Exactly. He's trying to be like a Wilt Chamberlain and Ewing godsend to the team (WTF am i saying but you know what I mean). I agree 100%, he needs to recognize his limitations. Expansion of his game should be during the offseason, preseason, and in practice, not during crunch time in games.

9-6 this season when JJ and Jameer play. I don't understand at this point why us winning games surprises people. This team has 6 players who can consistently get their own shot. Harkless is emerging as a guy who could potentially be an elite perimeter defender in this league, and Vaughn seems to have finally found a good rotation although I think Jones could use more burn.

We're a good team, guys.

9-6 this season when JJ and Jameer play. I don't understand at this point why us winning games surprises people. This team has 6 players who can consistently get their own shot. Harkless is emerging as a guy who could potentially be an elite perimeter defender in this league, and Vaughn seems to have finally found a good rotation although I think Jones could use more burn.

We're a good team, guys.

We're good... but can we beat the Heat, the Knicks, Boston, ChiTown, ATL, or Brooklyn (we lost twice) in a series? Not to mention the Western Conference

Yes, and I'm saying he did cost us the game. The way he played in the forth, if we had Vucevic and Nicholson in the game instead, I think we could've made a run to win it. I don't hate the guy, I just wish he changed his mentality and thought process during situations when we need him at his best.

Thats a bit of a stretch IMO, since as a team, I do not feel the Magic did not play well enough to beat a good team.

Thats a bit of a stretch IMO, since as a team, I do not feel the Magic did not play well enough to beat a good team.

But we did play well enough to beat the team that beat that good team. That's gotta count for something, right?

My point :) I think we could steal a game or two, but winning a series would be an uphill battle to say the least.

Anyone who really thinks we can make the playoffs (without any serious injuries going on) is pretty delusional

Have you looked at the bottom half of the East? I'm not saying we're a shoe-in, but it's not absurd to entertain the possibility of the Magic sneaking in to the 8 seed in such a weak conference.

Anyone who really thinks we can make the playoffs (without any serious injuries going on) is pretty delusional

why not? Is boston, milwaukee, or indiana that much superior?

I agree it's early. Let's let the chips fall. The only team i'm afraid of is the Knicks. I think this team can take the heat in a series.

lets have some fun.

why not? Is boston, milwaukee, or indiana that much superior?

I think this team can take the heat in a series.

Oh good lord. Someone needs to lock you up for your protection and the protection of others.

• Upvote 1