barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

anyone know a site like the Yahoo!NBA Photos from all of the games? can't find it anymore on yahoo

ESPN. Go to a specific game and there should be a photo tab.

If you're looking to purchase photos, check out NBA.com

I'm hoping all this burn that McBob and Ayon are getting is so that they'll shine a bit and turn into an interesting trade piece because I'm with all of you about Nicholson getting a little more minutes although I know he is a rookie and will get his time to play. The kid can score quick and we need some kind of pick up from this stagnant offense we have.

Blaming Ayon's hand injury when it's his feet that are trapped in cinder blocks is a weak justification of his poor play. He's terrible. The only reason we could be keeping him out on the court is to showcase him. But it's like show casing an old Honda Civic. What's the point?

• Upvote 2

We need MEER for us to be successful. Moore is good but he's a perfect back up at Gd or Sg. Ish is awful ti watch. Lots of people ridiculed SVG for not playing him, guess he knew what he was doing after all.

We need MEER for us to be successful. Moore is good but he's a perfect back up at Gd or Sg. Ish is awful ti watch. Lots of people ridiculed SVG for not playing him, guess he knew what he was doing after all.

We need a lot more than Meer back to be successful, but he helps give us a better chance at winning some games. People wanted Ish to play only because the town drunk sucked so badly.

Blaming Ayon's hand injury when it's his feet that are trapped in cinder blocks is a weak justification of his poor play. He's terrible. The only reason we could be keeping him out on the court is to showcase him. But it's like show casing an old Honda Civic. What's the point?

Don't entirely agree. New system and you lose reps with injuries. Secondly, if protecting your thumb is always on your mind, it will effect the rest of your play. Ayon isn't a bad player. He was solid for New Orleans last year and had a real good start to the pre-season. Let him get healthy before we judge.

The link below argues all shots between 3-23 feet should be minimized. Very interesting argument backed up with solid statistics.

http://wagesofwins.c...-floor-stretch/

solid stats. I love it. what these guys dont get is that when you shoot from either 3 or close range you are extremely easy to defend. See last year's Orlando Magic team.

The shot you want is the corner 3. It is the most high % 3 point shot to take.

When people post stats like this I wonder if they played the game or just look at numbers. There is simply more to it then "just take more 3's" as the author suggests.

Basketball is about creating high % opportunities. a 2 on 1 fast break, an open corner 3, a backdoor cut, yes an open elbow jumper even (if the proper player is taking it - more on that below).

San Antonio employs this concept and has the most efficient offense in basketball. I am glad to have a coach that will develop that concept here. The advanced stats and cameras the magic are using are far more detailed and much more thought out than this article. They are showcasing what floor positioning works best for what player and allowing plays to be developed from that instead of blanket concepts like "shoot more 3s".

For a much better article, that illustrates what I am saying. I submit this:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8626128/the-memphis-grizzlies-offense-greatly-improved-thanks-marc-gasol-mike-conley-improved-bench

• Upvote 1

Sounds like Jameer and Dequan will be back real soon maybe by friday's game which is nice to me since it will more than likely phase McBob out of playing Small Forward and will move Redick back to the bench to provide that scoring punch we need