barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Looking back at what that imaginary player that played for us in another dimension now, I believe the best thing this "Dwight Howard" could have said was that "I believe the offense shouldn't be focused around me anymore. I believe this should be an offense that improves each and every one of us at other aspects of the game. Not just myself. My teammates should have every opportunity to contribute and have the ball in their hands as I. I may be a dominant post player but I'm about my teammates development because if we don't develop as a team with more options, we just remain one dimensional and predictable."

• Upvote 1

Looking back at what that imaginary player that played for us in another dimension now, I believe the best thing this "Dwight Howard" could have said was that "I believe the offense shouldn't be focused around me anymore. I believe this should be an offense that improves each and every one of us at other aspects of the game. Not just myself. My teammates should have every opportunity to contribute and have the ball in their hands as I. I may be a dominant post player but I'm about my teammates development because if we don't develop as a team with more options, we just remain one dimensional and predictable."

But Dwight's not very intelligent and that's news to no one.

• Upvote 2

Two years I believe.

That is correct. When we start getting people back healthy we're going to be fun to watch. Vucevic, Moore, and Nicholson are only going to get better and the scoring punch is going to be awesome off the bench.

I hope we look like this when healthy:

Starters:

Nelson

Afflalo

Turk

Davis

Vucevic

Off the bench (in this order):

Redick

Harrington

Moore

Nicholson

Harkless

Ish

Jones

McRob

Ayon

Wow looking at our schedule going into thanksgiving we could easily be 9-3. We finish month with Boston and Spurs. I feel we can win Boston but Spurs on the road will be tough. My prediction 10-4 by end of nov.

Wow looking at our schedule going into thanksgiving we could easily be 9-3. We finish month with Boston and Spurs. I feel we can win Boston but Spurs on the road will be tough. My prediction 10-4 by end of nov.

The schedule is very light up front, allows our guys to hopefully find a groove going into the second half which is where its going to be needed.

The schedule is very light up front, allows our guys to hopefully find a groove going into the second half which is where its going to be needed.

Exactly, once we solidify the SF position we'll be a pretty good team. Reminiscent of Philly team last year 6+ players avg 10+.

Without a superstar on this team, Davis is going to look to score first and foremost. This could be a good thing, but seeing him out of control last night was murder. This was the type of thing Boston feared about him and then traded him. He was tired, frustrated, and out of position for most of the night.

When Davis struggles, he still wants to get HIS, instead of realizing that the TEAM can benefit from other areas of his game.

Hopefully this is a learning experience for him, but damn, he's a vet and should know better. It's really an ego issue. Not attacking him as a person, just as a team player.

/rant

Without a superstar on this team, Davis is going to look to score first and foremost. This could be a good thing, but seeing him out of control last night was murder. This was the type of thing Boston feared about him and then traded him. He was tired, frustrated, and out of position for most of the night.

When Davis struggles, he still wants to get HIS, instead of realizing that the TEAM can benefit from other areas of his game.

Hopefully this is a learning experience for him, but damn, he's a vet and should know better. It's really an ego issue. Not attacking him as a person, just as a team player.

/rant

Its the same thing that happened last year in the first 10 games or so. He was off his game but continued to shoot at every opportunity. While having that drive is a good thing he has to realize when his game is off he needs to get closer or pass the damn ball.

I don't know if anyone posted this yet ( I DID use the search), but I saw a pretty neat little article about our SF DeQuan Jones. It's crazy how unlikely his path has brought him to the magic and it's a pretty good read.

Marc Spears:

Jones got workouts with the Detroit Pistons, Los Angeles Lakers and Milwaukee Bucks. While working as a Pistons executive, Magic assistant general manager Scott Perry liked the athleticism he saw from Jones, a 6-foot-8 guard/forward. Perry soon added Jones to the Magic's summer league team, where he made a strong impression that landed him a training camp non-guaranteed invite.

http://sports.yahoo....a-07361509.html

• Upvote 1