Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official NCAA 2013 Season Thread

At this point, I think it's clear that George O'leary must have read my comment about giving Murray the ball more often.

Or Murray was playing injured for a few weeks.

Still not playing in the NC.

From where we ended last season, I will take a BCS bowl, a top 5 ranking, and an ass whipping on FSU, all while playing the #1 SOS in the country. All that remains is a good bowl showing, another solid recruiting class, and Florida is right back into the picture.

Where as for Florida State, Jimbo is officially on the hot seat, the fan base is in a riot, their conference is about to be absolutely torn apart by expansion, oh and you lost to your biggest rivals, thus validating everything the computers said about your weak schedule and inflated stats.

From where we ended last season, I will take a BCS bowl, a top 5 ranking, and an ass whipping on FSU, all while playing the #1 SOS in the country. All that remains is a good bowl showing, another solid recruiting class, and Florida is right back into the picture.

Where as for Florida State, Jimbo is officially on the hot seat, the fan base is in a riot, their conference is about to be absolutely torn apart by expansion, oh and you lost to your biggest rivals, thus validating everything the computers said about your weak schedule and inflated stats.

You're kind of coming off as d0uchey Ryan. Congrats to your team on a good win but lets be real here. No one in their right mind would call an 11 point win an ass whipping and the game was much closer than the final score indicated. Especially when FSU gift wrapped the Gators several scoring opportunities with some really bad turnovers. Of course that is part of the game and UF did a good job of taking advantage of those opportunities but lets not sit here and pretend that the game couldn't have easily ended very differently or that UF simply outclassed FSU because that simply isn't the case.

As for the future, we will have to see. The FSU fan base is always in a "riot" when we lose to Florida. Jimbo is not going to lose his job for losing 2 games this season. And while I won't argue that Florida has had a tough schedule, I don't necessarily think they deserve to be in the championship picture anymore than some of the other 1 loss teams. For example, I would bet good money on Oregon kicking the dog crap out of Florida and I'm not talking about an 11 point victory either.

It was a good game. The turnaround was when EJ got knocked out. I thought it was a helmet to helmet, or at least that he was down before the ball popped out, but that's the way the game goes. He had some dumb interceptions, so what can you do?

Good playing, Florida fans. We finally have a rivalry back where both teams present a challenge and have something to fight for.

And just like we say at the end of every season in Tallahassee, there's always next year.

You're kind of coming off as d0uchey Ryan. Congrats to your team on a good win but lets be real here. No one in their right mind would call an 11 point win an ass whipping and the game was much closer than the final score indicated. Especially when FSU gift wrapped the Gators several scoring opportunities with some really bad turnovers. Of course that is part of the game and UF did a good job of taking advantage of those opportunities but lets not sit here and pretend that the game couldn't have easily ended very differently or that UF simply outclassed FSU because that simply isn't the case.

As for the future, we will have to see. The FSU fan base is always in a "riot" when we lose to Florida. Jimbo is not going to lose his job for losing 2 games this season. And while I won't argue that Florida has had a tough schedule, I don't necessarily think they deserve to be in the championship picture anymore than some of the other 1 loss teams. For example, I would bet good money on Oregon kicking the dog crap out of Florida and I'm not talking about an 11 point victory either.

I'm the fan of the rival team that just won and I'm talking smack. Of course you think I'm a douche. I thought most FSU fans were douches the last two years. Hell I thought most FSU fans who came over to Florida boards over the last week as well were douches too.

I would call an 11 point win an ass whooping when I look at the bottom line. Not counting that garbage time touchdown our team just gave up to the Seminoles it should have been a 17 point win. 36 min to 24 min time of possession also shows it as well. Also the only time FSU scored at all was when Florida just "Gift Wrapped" the ball to FSU inside the Gators own 30. As for the FSU turnovers, no different then Florida gift wrapping the turnovers to them in 2011. But either way, it's not like the game was an aberration for the Gators, that's what Florida has done all year, they have forced other teams into mistakes and capitalized on them (Georgia being the one exception).

Obviously I'm not a FSU fan, but every nole fan I talked too even before the game last night (we had a big Gator Seminole watch party game at my place) said that Jimbo was on shaky ground with the fan base. They talked about he has yet to win one marquee game during his time at FSU, would not even give him credit for the Clemson win earlier this year. By the time the game was over they were in full meltdown mode. One big FSU friend of mine pointed out that he is now in his 3rd year, working with a far better recruiting class then the Gators were, and yet Muschamp has accomplished more in one season then Jimbo did so far in all 3 years. And this was even after Jimbo simply took over a team he already was the primary play caller for.

You look at places like the FSU rivals forum and most of them seem to feel that FSU's only chance to get back into national relevance is for them to leave the ACC immediately for either the Big 12 or the SEC and fire Fisher. Although I think Florida would block a move to the SEC (which I think would be an absolute ***** move personally, it was a ***** move by Geneshaft at USF against UCF in the Big East), either way I have to agree. FSU is going to just stagnate in the ACC with all that talent but playing almost no high level competition. I would say that FSU is just as talented as Florida is (maybe even more) but they clearly were not ready for the big game last night. Part of that is coaching, but a big part of it is scheduling.