Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

ESPN Summer Predictions for the East

Magic Record 2012-13 Season  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Magic's win total will be at the end of the season?

• 0-5
    • 6-15
    • 16-25
    • 26-35
    • 36-45
    • 46-55
    • 56-82
  2. 2. Do you think the Magic will make the playoffs?

• Yes.
    • No.

Okay flame me all you want but here goes. The magic lost in this offseason. Dwight, Jason, Earl, Chris, Ryan. And 3 were pretty much very replaceable. So, you have Ryan and Dwight being the only real contributors who have to be replaced.

We have gained Vucevic, Nicholson, Harkless, Moore, and O'quinn. Granted they are very young and inexperienced, but are much more athletic than the people they are replacing except DH.

So the point I am getting to is if and its a big if, Harkless, Nicholson and Moore can play at level people aren't expecting and can put the ball in the basket and relegate Hedo to the bench or hopefully another team, then O'quinn and Vucevic can hold their own against the other weak centers in the NBA of which there quite a few. I believe this team will suprise many people.

It is a possibility, maybe not as slim as most of you think. Oh, and I forgot about Harrington, he is still capable and can score and defend decently. Or maybe he is traded for a decent piece.

This team has the dreaded potential. but, 40 wins is possible and not really that far fetched.

Okay flame me all you want but here goes. The magic lost in this offseason. Dwight, Jason, Earl, Chris, Ryan. And 3 were pretty much very replaceable. So, you have Ryan and Dwight being the only real contributors who have to be replaced.

We have gained Vucevic, Nicholson, Harkless, Moore, and O'quinn. Granted they are very young and inexperienced, but are much more athletic than the people they are replacing except DH.

So the point I am getting to is if and its a big if, Harkless, Nicholson and Moore can play at level people aren't expecting and can put the ball in the basket and relegate Hedo to the bench or hopefully another team, then O'quinn and Vucevic can hold their own against the other weak centers in the NBA of which there quite a few. I believe this team will suprise many people.

It is a possibility, maybe not as slim as most of you think. Oh, and I forgot about Harrington, he is still capable and can score and defend decently. Or maybe he is traded for a decent piece.

This team has the dreaded potential. but, 40 wins is possible and not really that far fetched.

No, too far fetched.

Everyone knows that the best Magic fans would vote that the Orlando Magic would win all 82 while winning the championship.

• Upvote 1

Well, Hollinger has almost finished releasing his team outlook pieces on the League, only the 15th spot in the East and West left to go, and still no Orlando, but he did sum up Charlotte with this:

Prediction: 16-66, tied for fourth in Southeast, tied for 14th in East

So, there you have it. Hollinger predicts a 16 win season for Orlando.

Well, Hollinger has almost finished releasing his team outlook pieces on the League, only the 15th spot in the East and West left to go, and still no Orlando, but he did sum up Charlotte with this:

So, there you have it. Hollinger predicts a 16 win season for Orlando.

He's always been sort of a Magic hater, but he may not be wrong on this one. We'll probably be closer to 15th than 8th

While we are talking about Hollinger, did anyone notice that ESPN let Bucher go and tried to hire Woj away from Yahoo? He turned them down, which warms my heart but here is what this all says to me, ESPN knows that true basketball fans do not take them seriously. That would be why they try to steal a credible guy like Woj. They want to continue being a mouth piece for Stern but they want to appear legitimate.

Hollinger is just another one of their tools, he says exactly what everyone expects him to say because he isn't really watching all the teams.

Now that the All-Star break is upon us, how are your predictions holding up?

Current Record: 15-37

Winning Percentage: 28.8%

Games Remaining: 30

On pace for... 24-58 (assuming a 28.8% winning percentage)

Adjusted prediction... 19-63 (breakdown below)

Once Davis dropped out of the lineup (Dec 19 win over the Wizards), this team fell apart. They were 12-13, though having played the easiest schedule in the league to date, and have only managed 3 more wins in 27 games since that time (11.11%). Davis is not out for the rest of the season, and if we use the past 27 games to predict the next 30, it seems the boys in blue might struggle to pick up 3-4 more wins the rest of the season.

Silver Lining: We are in pretty good position for the draft, with only Charlotte turning out a worse overall record to date (12-40). It's entirely possible they surpass us down the stretch. Also, while we have two double digit losing streaks so far this season (only team in the NBA to earn those honors), the mighty Bobcats had a nasty 18 game losing streak (while ours were 10 and 12).

My personal prediction was 23 games, but our recent performance suggests we may struggle to reach that mark, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.