Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

D. Thorpe suggests Magic should try winning games next season

Brendan Haywood would be a much better candidate for that as he already knows Dwight's sweet spot. Anyone know his contract status lol, jk

I used to always wish they'd put Clark in against Boston just to punch KG in the face. lol

I don't think it would be that hard to reach the 8th seed. In order to do so we would need to be better than:

TOR, MIL, DET, CLE, WAS, CHA and hope we can do better than one of these teams- CHI, PHI, ATL. I think CHI could do alot worse then what many project.

I also think how good we do depends on how well Meer does. If he has a strong and healthy year, our chemistry will build quicker.

I'm not sure making the playoffs would hurt us this year anyways. From what I understand, we would need to be a lottery team to get a potential impact player in 2013. I don't think we have it in us to suck that bad.

I think every team you mentioned except maybe Charlotte is better than us. My prediction for us this year is 14th in the East, 24-58 record. Our veterans are not that good (unless Afflalo turns into a beast with the new opportunity) and we need to develop young guys.

I'm worried we'll be "too good", that is, too good for lottery but too bad for playoffs. We need to stink bad, not historically bad (Kitties can keep that record) but just bad enough.

Don't overachieve!

I'm worried we'll be "too good", that is, too good for lottery but too bad for playoffs. We need to stink bad, not historically bad (Kitties can keep that record) but just bad enough.

Don't overachieve!

If we miss the playoffs then we're in the lottery. Maybe you meant a strong top 5 lottery chance? Trading Dwight guarantees our position in the draft IMO.

If we miss the playoffs then we're in the lottery. Maybe you meant a strong top 5 lottery chance? Trading Dwight guarantees our position in the draft IMO.

That's what I'm talking about. I want a top 5 pick. I don't want to even SNIFF the playoffs this year. Fun basketball, they can do that, but don't overachieve.

That's what I'm talking about. I want a top 5 pick. I don't want to even SNIFF the playoffs this year. Fun basketball, they can do that, but don't overachieve.

Yeah the absolute worst thing we could do is barely miss making the playoffs. This draft is already bad enough we need a top 5 pick hopefully top 3.

Playoffs is silly. I can totally see the team playing themselves out of the high lottery (which would be totally worth it with this year's draft if it enhanced the vet's trade value). But playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs.

Playoffs.JPG