A Better DJ & Photographer

Henny appreciation thread

This probably should have gotten lost in the off season thread somewhere but IMO Henny deserves some kudos for what he's got us so far!

Got us something for Anderson who was gone anyway (too expensive)

Got us Meer for 3 years at an acceptable contract so he can mentor whoever our PG of the future is going to be

Got us 2 nice players in the draft without having good picks

Got us a great coach and some great (and intelligent) FO people

Got rid of Dwight

Got us out of the tax

Got us some decent prospects, OK picks, and some moveable contracts

GOT RID OF DUHON

GOT RID OF JRICH

Got us on track to building a team where everybody will play hard, play D, and play as a team. We will indeed become the SA or OKC of the east!

Not bad for 2 months on the job... the man has a plan and he's working it!

• Upvote 2

I apprecate that he is making moves with the future in mind, firs time this organization has done that in 5 years. But he needs to nail his draft selections going forward. That will determine how good/bad of a GM he is.

Not keeping Ryno is the only move that I like by him so far. Nicholson and KOC seem good but obviously can't make final judgements on them yet.

Our return for Dwight was pretty terrible and he overpaid for Jameer

If the draft picks pan out I will thank him, for now its a bit too early to say anything about him whether positive or negative. I honestly think 2 or 3 years is a good judging point for any gm especially one that inherited a mess(I guess most new gm's do inherit messes though)

I think getting rid of Dwight for what he got was pretty easy even though it took a year. Hey...do you want the best young center in the game by leaps and bounds for a bunch of late first rounders and average players?...SURE! I can see why we held up trades for Dwight. We didnt get much for such a talent because of the skrew job from D12/HWNSNBU and Stern. I guess it took that long for Stern to make the call to Henny and say trade him thats all youre getting per ME.

That being said Henny has lots of drafting out of the top 5 (unlike OKC) and the team has lots of opportunity for talent to develop. I still cant see overpaying and extending Jameer unless it was just a "thank you". I think clearing more payroll and bringing in a young pg would be better in our tanking scenario.

I think getting rid of Dwight for what he got was pretty easy even though it took a year. Hey...do you want the best young center in the game by leaps and bounds for a bunch of late first rounders and average players?...SURE! I can see why we held up trades for Dwight. We didnt get much for such a talent because of the skrew job from D12/HWNSNBU and Stern. I guess it took that long for Stern to make the call to Henny and say trade him thats all youre getting per ME.

That being said Henny has lots of drafting out of the top 5 (unlike OKC) and the team has lots of opportunity for talent to develop. I still cant see overpaying and extending Jameer unless it was just a "thank you". I think clearing more payroll and bringing in a young pg would be better in our tanking scenario.

Our picks should be top 5 for the next couple of years, like OKC. The picks from the trade probably won't, but if any of them pan out to be solid role players it is a plus.

As for Jameer, it is pretty much a two year deal. We overpaid yes, but we won't need the cap space just yet and Jameer is being rewarded for his loyalty and leadership. There were no young PGs for us to acquire.

Not keeping Ryno is the only move that I like by him so far. Nicholson and KOC seem good but obviously can't make final judgements on them yet.

Our return for Dwight was pretty terrible and he overpaid for Jameer

Your analysis is pretty terrible.

• Upvote 1

RN has got balls for what he did to make the Magic have a better future. He had the insight not to trade for Lopez which would have made us a mediore team for many years. IMO Bynum was just too risky- he is very injury prone, immature and would probably would not signed with the Magic long term anway. It is getting very annoying reading these negative articles from the talking heads and bandwagon fans. The Magic were not going to get equal value for Dwight. No way. Real thinking fans know that the magic are going to have growing pains for probably the next four to five years. I am looking forward to seeing the rookies and other team members play. I am glad not to have to hear anymore from "Dwight's camp" anymore. I do not care about him any more. He no longer wears a Magic uniform and I am done with him. I wish the bandwagon fans would drive 1-95 south to Miami and be a bandwagon fan there.

Way too early for this thread, time will tell.

I am very thankful he is not a certain former GM of this team. Guess everyone can appreciate that.

One GM signs an aging/declining JRich to new contract, the other cleans house :D