AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

I hate to read such extensive back and forth bickering between board members like it has been in here but, I had no idea that we have the option to ignore people so, it taught me something (other than that Brandon Bass isn't a great rebounder). Thanks. Now I don't have to read insider information about what's going on in Dwight's head anymore.

Do you legitimately not know how to put people on ignore?

Click on "My Settings"

Then click on "My Profile"

The click on "manage ignored users" on the side.

Type in the name of the person you want to ignore. Their name SHOULD appear. When it does, click on it.

And you're done.

http://www.hoopsworl...ic-team-salary/

up to date salary info

my take: we better rid ourselves of Qrich and Harrington by the TDL and if we're lucky hedork

Why would we rid ourselves of Qrich? He makes 10th man money, and is a solid 10th man.

And Harrington is only half guaranteed after this year. We shop him as salary relief at the end of the season, and if no one bites, we waive the guy.

Why would we rid ourselves of Qrich? He makes 10th man money, and is a solid 10th man.

And Harrington is only half guaranteed after this year. We shop him as salary relief at the end of the season, and if no one bites, we waive the guy.

I would love for us to keep Q. He does not back down on defense and I love the way he cheers his teammates on. Has to be a great locker room guy.

Agree with Q, besides he at least brings attitude to go along with a big shot from time to time.

Regarding Harrington, he seems to be the most valuable trading piece we have now and we need a good back up pg (or at least a young guy with potential), so wouldnt it make since to send him on his way?

When is the earliest we can trade the new guys?

Here's hoping JJ takes the next leap now that JRich is gone.

Hey DOM: what's your thoughts on JJ shuffling over the 1?

It won't happen and it shouldn't. JJ has above average ball-handling skills for a 2 guard, but that doesn't make him a point. Any attempt to treat him as one would be about as effective as the times we spent trying to play Dooling at point, which was just awful.

Agree with Q, besides he at least brings attitude to go along with a big shot from time to time.

Regarding Harrington, he seems to be the most valuable trading piece we have now and we need a good back up pg (or at least a young guy with potential), so wouldnt it make since to send him on his way?

When is the earliest we can trade the new guys?

My point was that Harrington is more valuable at the end of the season than any time before that. And since we're not, for instance, a backup point guard away from being competitive, why waste the asset?

As for your second question, we could trade them right now. We just can't package them in a larger trade until a few months from now.

My point was that Harrington is more valuable at the end of the season than any time before that. And since we're not, for instance, a backup point guard away from being competitive, why waste the asset?

As for your second question, we could trade them right now. We just can't package them in a larger trade until a few months from now.

After typing that question, I realized it would be a dumb move just to get a back up pg. Need more coffee, first day back to work since vacation.... :(

They do need to move someone to get another pg and maybe another sg though

It won't happen and it shouldn't. JJ has above average ball-handling skills for a 2 guard, but that doesn't make him a point. Any attempt to treat him as one would be about as effective as the times we spent trying to play Dooling at point, which was just awful.

I was thinking a PG in the same vein as Steve Kerr, so occassinally brought the ball up, but was more responsible for matching up against the other 1 rather than acting as a traditional PG (ball handler, lead assist guy).

Then again, we're thin at SG too, so....

I was they thinking a PG in the same vein as Steve Kerr, so occassinally brought the ball up, but was more responsible for matching up against the other 1 rather than acting as a traditional PG (ball handler, lead assist guy).

Then again, we're thin at SG too, so....

I think that Steve Kerr was effective because they ran the triangle offense, which doesn't really rely on the point guard's ball handling skills, which Kerr didn't have much of. If we can get 2 players like Jordan and Pippen, run the triangle offense, then JJ would work out just fine at point guard. Don't see that happening though.

so we owe Cle our 2013 & 2014 2nd round picks. With our new direction, those picks will be just as good as late 1st round picks. -____-

If we make any trade with them, i hope we make an effort to get those picks back.