AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

I dont know about you guys but Gasol impressed me today.

I think he does not fit in LA. I dont know why we didn't get gasol instead of harrington. He play great as a center and would be good with BBD and nicholson.

Ohh well... What if ?? Right?

Because Gasol will win us enough games to be picking 8-12, but not take us anywhere. Not to mention his age and long term salary. Harrington won't win us a lot of games if he stays and his contract becomes easier to get out of after the season.

I can do one better than that. I remember when we were ecstatic to make a late playoff push and fell a few games short of the 8th seed. We were super excited about that team. That is something that a lot of these newer posters would know nothing about.

Ahhh!! Gone are the days when post were well thought out and Classy, and our very own Marc Acres was the man in the middle at the "O" rena!!! Good Times!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually Marc was was around quite a few years before the birth of OMMB!!

Rob is an unbelievable exec. He made the best deal for Orlando. They did their diligence and kept searching for something they liked more. They liked the trade more than anything we could offer. I promise you Rob knows what he's doing. People will feel over time he is a great exec.

- Daryl Morey during radio interview in Houston, on Friday.

Rob has gotten some serious love from Morey & Kupchak.

BUT TEH STEPHEN A SMITH AND HOLLINGER SAYS HE IS TEH STOPPID FOR NOT TAKING GEORGE LOPEZ AND SHAWN BROOKS FROM TEH BROOKLIN NYETS!!!!1!1!!1!!!!1

I'll take their words over some random internet people who flame Rob. We as fans just don't know how this thing is done, what happens behind closed doors or let alone understand the pressure. It's cute to be able to put some names into the ESPN trade machine and listen to rumors and say GET IT DONE, EASY!... There's more to all of this than just "You take these guys and give me these guys and we shake internet hands ok lol haha that's so funny I'll even give you a +1 on Google+... you use Google+? Ahh... more of a facebook guy... yeah ok I'll post a funny youtube video on your wall then and like all your statuses and comments for a full month!"

What did Kupchak have to say about him?

Morey is a good dude for putting that out there, and it's good to hear Hennigan didn't burn any bridges like SO MANY PEOPLE wanted you to believe.

Love this franchise.

What did Kupchak have to say about him?

Morey is a good dude for putting that out there, and it's good to hear Hennigan didn't burn any bridges like SO MANY PEOPLE wanted you to believe.

Love this franchise.

Rob, I don’t have a relationship with him like I do with the other general managers because it takes time to get to know somebody, so I have to learn his style. But looking back on it, he did exactly what he was supposed to do. He took his time, he looked at every opportunity, narrowed it down, negotiated, went back to a different team and negotiated some more, and kept on coming back to you. I never thought it would be a four-team deal, I thought it might be a three-team deal. So even when I thought there might be a deal, he went out and found a fourth team to make it a better deal.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/32429/mitch-kupchak-quotes-from-fridays-press-conference

Mitch also said Rob frustrated him but that's what good GMs do.

Why are people always so concerned with what ESPN says? If anything, their overall criticism of the deal should highlight how positive it was for the franchise in terms of setting up a strong rebuilding campaign. Listen, they're nothing more than an entertainment outlet that employ people that can bring in viewers for television.

Having any kind of emotional reaction to ESPN's stupid analysis would be like getting mad at TMZ for reporting a drunken night out for Lindsay Lohan. It's what they do.

Why are people always so concerned with what ESPN says? If anything, their overall criticism of the deal should highlight how positive it was for the franchise in terms of setting up a strong rebuilding campaign. Listen, they're nothing more than an entertainment outlet that employ people that can bring in viewers for television.

Having any kind of emotional reaction to ESPN's stupid analysis would be like getting mad at TMZ for reporting a drunken night out for Lindsey Lohan. It's what they do.

She's still so hot.