AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

I have a feeling Eyenga will surprise us. He might have a little breakout season.

Wishful thinking. Dude doesn't even look good on a mix video

I can't possibly be the only one who finds Eskobar just really sad at this point, right?

It CAN'T just be me, right?

I mean, the dude just made a post patting himself on the back because I was slightly wrong on one minor point(he badgered me and ?4thewin, THEN offered a bet to me, before ignoring my response. But the badgering and the bet were separate. My mistake), and that was after I posted links to 4 separate threads of him acting like an obnoxious ******* while being wrong on every single point he tried to make. Holy hell.

You insult every person you talk to on this forum and act like the resident douche. Why are you so surprised when you get some **** slung back at you?

• Upvote 6

I have a feeling Eyenga will surprise us. He might have a little breakout season.

Any other season I would tell you don't hold your breath but damnit my dream of rookie madness and exciting ball may come to life!

Viva la Eyenga!

Guys... we're headed for the ol' battle grounds here. Not the Finals. Not even the playoffs. The lottery. Skyenga will do wonders for us while we take the lottery road. What is wrong with you all?!

I can't possibly be the only one who finds Eskobar just really sad at this point, right?

It CAN'T just be me, right?

I mean, the dude just made a post patting himself on the back because I was slightly wrong on one minor point(he badgered me and ?4thewin, THEN offered a bet to me, before ignoring my response. But the badgering and the bet were separate. My mistake), and that was after I posted links to 4 separate threads of him acting like an obnoxious ******* while being wrong on every single point he tried to make. Holy hell.

There's nothing to say. I read through the first topic and that's all I needed to see. Actually, once upon a time ago I had this exact discussion with you (brandon bass being a good rebounder). I'm reading this book called the Invisible Gorilla and it's a great great book. It shows scientifically how our intuition can deceive us, how we might look at something but don't see it.

That's clearly the case here. We might see that Brandon Bass looks good at all these things but the evidence points the other way. However, I'm curious if his performance last season as a Celtic was an improvement over previous years.

Oh, I just saw that Eskobar posted again, so I should go ahead mention this:

Given that his entire purpose in this thread was to try to annoy me, I went ahead and put Eskobar on ignore. So I'd consider it a personal favor if people don't quote his posts to me, whether it be in this thread or via PM like they started doing with Zara's posts.

Thanks, everyone.

Does anyone think we're going to package JJ and McBob's expirings for something? Or do you think Henny will just let them expire off the cap?

Pretty sure we can all agree that Harrington will be moved at some point

There's nothing to say. I read through the first topic and that's all I needed to see. Actually, once upon a time ago I had this exact discussion with you (brandon bass being a good rebounder). I'm reading this book called the Invisible Gorilla and it's a great great book. It shows scientifically how our intuition can deceive us, how we might look at something but don't see it.

That's clearly the case here. We might see that Brandon Bass looks good at all these things but the evidence points the other way. However, I'm curious if his performance last season as a Celtic was an improvement over previous years.

I have no memory of having any conversation with you about Brandon Bass. That's weird.

Last year he was "better", but I think that was less a case of his really improving and more of a "round peg meets round hole" situation. The Celtics schemes and personnel could mask his horrible team defense to some extent, they purposely schemed away from him ever having to defend beyond 15' from the basket, and the Celtics were so bad at rebounding as a team that Bass being bad wasn't really noticeable, though his per36 numbers and nearly all of his rates went down last year.

Out of curiousity, was the book named after the psychological study where fans were asked to count passes at a basketball game to see if they'd notice a guy in a gorilla costume on the court?