Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

It's almost like Dwight has never had an original thought in his life. Before he was traded, it seemed like every day someone else was talking to him and telling him something that totally convinced him of something. Then someone else would talk to him and convince him on a completely different direction. I'm so glad that roller coaster ride is over.

and then, some other would come or join the forum and, once again, speak on his behalf ... GOOD GRIEF!!!

That what was the main reason he was hestitant about LA, the legend there with the big men. But I believe Magic Johnson had a sit down with him and said something to the effect of "Dont worry about the other legends, or about being compared to Shaq; they compare Kobe to Jordan everyday and look at him" I think once he realized that it was easy to open up to the thought of being there.

Sure he'll consider his options next summer but to this day (well as of yesterday) he STILL talks about the Magic organization and how they did him. I would have thought he'd moved on from the Magic but he brings them up in almost every conversation we have; whether its saying how wrong they were or comparing something in LA franchise with Orlando's.

I don't think that is the same comparison. Kobe and Jordan never played in the same organization. Dwight has always been compared with Shak and the fact he keeps imitating his actions does not help. Started career in Orlando, Superman nickname, Left Orlando for LA. I am sure that the next step is movies (who knows).

The fact is that Dwight will be compared to the other big guys in LA as long as he plays there. I see ESPN making those comparison on every single game(PPG, RPG, BPG. FT %, Blocks, amount of double/doubles, who is the first to reach a certain amount of points or rebounds etc.... IDK Shaks shirt will be retired in LA soon. I just don't see D12 shirt be retired there. Shaks seems to be ahead on everything. TOUCHE'

He could it be compared instead with the likes of Dirk or Duncan.

It's almost like Dwight has never had an original thought in his life. Before he was traded, it seemed like every day someone else was talking to him and telling him something that totally convinced him of something. Then someone else would talk to him and convince him on a completely different direction. I'm so glad that roller coaster ride is over.

right?

Wow! Dwight really is passionate about this franchise, he needs to resolve this situation sometime in the future,ultimately he will feel much better making peace with people he had problems with (maybe Hennigan can play Gandhi between Howard and Martins lol). But for now I really want him to enjoy LA and learn from the Great Kobe and Nash...then to travel dance his a** to Orlando #Duhonstyle! ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhxNms6Gfw

haha, yeah he felt he needed to leave because "the organization wasnt serious about winning rings" othe rthan that he enjoyed that city and its fans. You never know what could happen but I expect him to be a Laker for the next 3-4 years

Just watched the VMA's and saw Dwight on there. He sounded soooo fake but I thought the jersey bit with Kevin Hart was funny.

Didn't watch the VMA's but saw what you're talking about on YouTube. That's how I walked around with my Dwight jersey :( Like a damn dress but I didn't care

Wow! Dwight really is passionate about this franchise, he needs to resolve this situation sometime in the future,ultimately he will feel much better making peace with people he had problems with (maybe Hennigan can play Gandhi between Howard and Martins lol). But for now I really want him to enjoy LA and learn from the Great Kobe and Nash...then to travel dance his a** to Orlando #Duhonstyle! ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhxNms6Gfw

Or Duhontravel with Duhon.

I would really think he would consider all options including us in free agency 2013! I keep saying to myself LA has and will always be a championship contending franchise no matter if Howard stays or leaves, so this is for YBR and do you agree with my statement I'm about to make?

While Howard would help bring more titles to the Lakers his legacy would as significant because they were more legendary big men there before him (Mikan,Kareem,Wilt, and Shaq)! In other words he will be more of a statistic there, as he would be with the Mavs since Dirk is the first to help win the chip in 06.

As much as I want Dwight to sign here next off season, I only want him here next season if we add some real ballers to the team. If not Howard should do himself a favor look else where!

Oh my god let it die already

He's done with the Magic, and the Magic are done with him.

LA will not be so kind to him if he doesn't win, and win big. I live here, I know this, they ran Shaq out of town, they'll do the same to Dwight

• Upvote 1

Oh my god let it die already

He's done with the Magic, and the Magic are done with him.

LA will not be so kind to him if he doesn't win, and win big. I live here, I know this, they ran Shaq out of town, they'll do the same to Dwight

I would really enjoy being on ESPN's first take to debate with whomever believes not to add a dominate post player to any team if there really serious of winning, regardless how might debate Dwight's image history is the past few seasons...that's all history and in the past now anyways (ultimately I could careless because we all make mistakes anyway so Dwight's no different).

BTW, I do agree with you when you said LA ran Shaq out of town, you know why? They're all about business and winning titles that's it...Lakers saw Shaq was not the same player he used to be, so they shipped his arsenal to Miami. Plus he was becoming too much of a distraction to Kobe ( who was the better player between the two at that time). Well done LA!

I would really enjoy being on ESPN's first take to debate with whomever believes not to add a dominate post player to any team if there really serious of winning, regardless how might debate Dwight's image history is the past few seasons...that's all history and in the past now anyways (ultimately I could careless because we all make mistakes anyway so Dwight's no different).

BTW, I do agree with you when you said LA ran Shaq out of town, you know why? They're all about business and winning titles that's it...Lakers saw Shaq was not the same player he used to be, so they shipped his arsenal to Miami. Plus he was becoming too much of a distraction to Kobe ( who was the better player between the two at that time). Well done LA!

blind dumb and stupid

the problem in LA will be is someone is going to be grouchy not getting the ball, who will it be? Kobe, Pau or Dwight? Dwight is all smiles livin up LA now but once we get to business he may not be so happy being LA's "Tyson Chandler" because Dwight will not get post touches in the 4th quarter

My link

link 2

What a moron. Wish I could be at the Lakers-Magic game in Orlando to boo the HWNSNBU out of him, hope some of you can do it for me.

I am def going to that game with my friend, who hates dwight as well, we both are going to boo him and make BRICK signs and pics of this

dwight-howard-miracle.jpg