Sign in to follow this  
NYCmagic

Vaughn named HC

We kind of have to be. In my opinion, DeVos has been trying to run Orlando like a big market team, chucking his money around like the Lakers and New York and Chicago. Unfortunately, Orlando doesn't have that kind of size or draw, sooo...

'Bout time we get a little slimmer and smarter.

I agree about being smarter.

The problem isn't that Orlando isn't a big draw. Orlando has never had a problem attracting free agents. Our problem is that we throw too much money at the wrong players. That's what Otis did and I'm confident that Hennigan won't make the same mistakes.

I like this hire; not that I know that much about Vaughn but, Hennigan was clearly very thorough in his approach. Also, Vaughn sounds like someone that is very intelligent and hard-working. That is a combination that is usually successful regardless of what field of work it's in.

I agree about being smarter.

The problem isn't that Orlando isn't a big draw. Orlando has never had a problem attracting free agents. Our problem is that we throw too much money at the wrong players. That's what Otis did and I'm confident that Hennigan won't make the same mistakes.

I like this hire; not that I know that much about Vaughn but, Hennigan was clearly very thorough in his approach. Also, Vaughn sounds like someone that is very intelligent and hard-working. That is a combination that is usually successful regardless of what field of work it's in.

Just think about what we could do with an owner that will spend and a gm that makes smart decisions.

I'm pleased with the hire. I like it that the choice is not the most obvious one. I know Shaw had the flash, but it really must say something that he is considered the top candidate and yet he hasn't been hired for any of the openings. I wonder if part of the problem is that his expectations are too high. Meaning that he wants to come in and be in the playoffs from the start. That's great if you take over a playoff team, but not so much if the team is rebuilding. We need a coach that is willing to grow with the team.

I also think that Vaughn and Nelson are going to get along great. It may not quite be the Rivers/Armstrong dynamic, but I think that Vaughn and Nelson are definitely going to be good for each other.

• Upvote 1

I'm pleased with the hire. I like it that the choice is not the most obvious one. I know Shaw had the flash, but it really must say something that he is considered the top candidate and yet he hasn't been hired for any of the openings. I wonder if part of the problem is that his expectations are too high. Meaning that he wants to come in and be in the playoffs from the start. That's great if you take over a playoff team, but not so much if the team is rebuilding. We need a coach that is willing to grow with the team.

I also think that Vaughn and Nelson are going to get along great. It may not quite be the Rivers/Armstrong dynamic, but I think that Vaughn and Nelson are definitely going to be good for each other.

I definitely agree with the Vaughn/Nelson relationship. I also think having Hunter on the staff (if true) will help Jameer as well.

I'm excited to see the new changes and what style play we'll go with for the future. I know it hinges on what players are on the roster, but this new changes as me excited for the season.

I want heart and hustle with the way that the media is capitalizing on the big markets small market teams need to have a different approach I like to think of the tampa bay rays as an example small market team low salary base and a college like atmosphere most of those guys want to be on the team and a handful are stars we need to have the same approach we need to get humble guys who want to be here I think drafting Nicholson and hiring Vaughn is a step in the right direction we need good player development lebron james and kobe are not going to be stars forever

I'm excited about the future of our franchise. For the longest time, I felt like we were at a massive disadvantage because of how things were run from the top down. Now it seems we are making the effort to build a solid front office and I have to give them credit for this paradigm shift within the organization.

Even with the distraction of the Dwightmare, I am encouraged by the changes within the organization and have a solid belief that we are getting this thing turned around and headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 1