Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Fan Voice: "Hennigan - A New Beginning"

I am happy with Hennigan so far....nice to finally hire someone who spent time being groomed by winning basketball organizations like the Spurs and Thunder.

Why we raided a failure organization like Golden State for Otis and Twardzik is beyond me.

Good read,

I've been most pleased with him managing to pick up a cheap young big on a small contract from the Hornets instead of Ryno just walking for nothing and if he doesn't work out it's no loss due to the size and length of that contract.

Wasn't too happy with the draft picks initially but after seeing them play and speak afterwards in the summer league, they both seem to have good basketball iq's and look like they can contribute straight away.

Will be interesting to see how he deals with the Dwight situation closer to September (I can see it lasting that long.) I think that may be the month where we see what he's made of and hopefully he's made of the right stuff, but yes, so far it looks promising.

Very nice write up.

And btw, I hate people that quote the entire OP just to say it's good

This. Times 100.

• Upvote 1

I am happy with our new GM.

Just want to know if Jameer really got 25 millions for three years and if Rockets offered all their picks, Lowry and Martin before the draft for Howard and couple of our bad contracts...

It was a hockey decision, if I remember correctly.

Why we hired a Minor league Hockey guy to be a GM is beyond me.

I'm beginning to think henny can't do much outside the draft he's looking real inexperienced right now still no head coach and still negotiating with Dwight this should have been done weeks ago how much longer are the fans gonna have to suffer with the ownership and management not making up their minds don't they know holding onto Dwight is only gonna make things worse

your GM is an idiot. Great preparation on the meeting with Dwight. Deals for DH will not get better, you have NO LEVERAGE whatsoever.

Leverage is a team thinking they can convince Dwight to stick around if they have him on their team for a full season.

Leverage is knowing that multiple teams want a shot at Dwight, knowing full well it could only be a one year rental.

Leverage is a team knowing they can't sign Dwight via free agency and their only chance to convince him to stay is having his bird rights.

Leverage is knowing that, ultimately, sliding a max contract across the table to Dwight next summer, when Orlando has bird rights, might be enough to change his mind, particularly if Hennigan can put some other pieces around him.

Leverage is knowing that you put the Magic in a decent rebuilding position by simply letting him walk at the end of next season.

{sarcasm}But, you're right. We have no leverage. Dang, we should have just traded with the Nets. {/sarcasm}

• Upvote 1