Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

And you have certain proof of him being involved in "basketball decisions"?

John Hollinger. BTW I used the word "seems". --

OK, fair enough ...

And even if he is, do you accept the idea that business owners should not play an important role in franchise altering decisions that could hamper the franchise for years to come?

When it comes to sports? Absolutely not. That's how you suck for years to come. Hire a basketball guy to make the basketball decision and you **** and right the damn checks. That is of course if you want to win. --

Well, you can run your business that way, but passionate owners will get involved with making sure their business is run correctly, and being a business owner myself, I won't criticize Martins for "stepping in", especially when he is one of the people responsible for keeping MY FAVORITE franchise team in the city of Orlando.

With the above comment are you implying you are not satisfied with the recent deal for Howard?

I'm perfectly fine with the deal.

Well good, so am I. I think it's the best the team could get at the time.

And if not, do you propose something better!

Should of traded him before last season.

Mmm. That's a tough one. The Magic may have traded him, but Dwight opted in. The Magic have the prerogative to try and keep him -- he is a franchise type player. And you say "traded him before last season" ... That would suggest allowing Otis to trade him to the NJ Nets, which, IMHO, would not have panned out too well for us. Hennigan cleaning house is definitely the much preferred route.

I don't understand your logic. You're making yourself look like an incompetent imbecile with comments like above.

And your a newb that's going to become a Laker fan when the Magic start the season and you realize the team is in full suck mode. Why wait? Take your "incompetent imbecile with comments" azz to the Laker forums. I'll still be here taking in the pain of losing while I watch my favorite team hopefully rebuild successfully.

Won't happen. Been a Magic fan since 1992. And I'm not a newbie. I've been around here for a long time, just couldn't access old usernames. For you to conclude I'd become a Laker fan when I'm clearly OK with us tanking based on my response to you makes you a poor assessment of what I'm trying to say.

I know a lot of people want Harden here, but how realistic is it? I dont understand what "a fast rebuild" means.

I think it's realistic in the fact that OKC will look to move him or have to make some major moves to keep him. If Bradley Beal( or #3 pick) was really on the table for Harden I think they made a mistake not making that deal. Beal is obviously much cheaper(now) and I think his ceiling is higher than Hardens and they wouldn't miss a beat.

I think they will seriously look at amnestying Perkins because when I watch him play he is a shell of himself. They guy has injury problems and can't guard the pick and roll to save his life. THE only reason why he still holds value because I would expect them to meet the Lakers in the Western conference finals and he play's Dwight better than anyone straight up. But, if they put Dwight on the move in pick and roll with Nash they will force Brooks to sit him just like what happened in the playoffs where he was exposed.

I think it's realistic in the fact that OKC will look to move him or have to make some major moves to keep him. If Bradley Beal( or #3 pick) was really on the table for Harden I think they made a mistake not making that deal. Beal is obviously much cheaper(now) and I think his ceiling is higher than Hardens and they wouldn't miss a beat.

I think they will seriously look at amnestying Perkins because when I watch him play he is a shell of himself. They guy has injury problems and can't guard the pick and roll to save his life. THE only reason why he still holds value because I would expect them to meet the Lakers in the Western conference finals and he play's Dwight better than anyone straight up. But, if they put Dwight on the move in pick and roll with Nash they will force Brooks to sit him just like what happened in the playoffs where he was exposed.

They will keep Perkins, they need him to defense Howard now....... I don't understand why OKC sign H.Thabeet($1.2M/per). I think they will clear up the cap space for Harden.

H.Thabeet - $1.2M

C.Aldrich - $2.5M (2010, 1st, 11th pick)

R.Jackson - $1.2M

L.Hayward - $1.2M (2010 first round pick at 30th)

P.John - $1.03M (2012 rockie)

D.Cook - $3.0M (expiring contract)

total - $10.13M - That will be enough to resign Hardens(he makes more than $5.8M this year)

Orlando will be an idea team who can take all the younger prospects from OKC. Remember that, Orlando has $17M Trade exception to use.

How is about this trade

Orlando gets: C.Aldrich, P.John, H.Thabeet, R.Jackson, D.Cook and L.Hayward

OKC gets: J.MacRobert and JJ Redick

Here's a provocative question:

Might Henny and Presti have spoken before the Dwight trade about what player(s) (e.g. Affalo) Presti would potentially want in a Harden deal???

At the very least, I'm going to assume Presti likes Affalo if Henny likes him.

• Upvote 1

Oh man I got a kick out of this.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

The question becomes how much and for how long, and are the Thunder willing to marry themselves to this roster... I think the answer is yes.

Expand

So how much will the Thunder be willing to spend? Yes.

• Upvote 1

They will keep Perkins, they need him to defense Howard now....... I don't understand why OKC sign H.Thabeet($1.2M/per). I think they will clear up the cap space for Harden.

H.Thabeet - $1.2M

R.Jackson - $1.2M

total - $10.13M - That will be enough to resign Hardens(he makes more than $5.8M this year)

Orlando will be an idea team who can take all the younger prospects from OKC. Remember that, Orlando has $17M Trade exception to use.

How is about this trade

I like that idea and it makes a lot of since. Henny keeps OKC a float and they send us youth so we can get roiling.

Here's a provocative question:

Might Henny and Presti have spoken before the Dwight trade about what player(s) (e.g. Affalo) Presti would potentially want in a Harden deal???

At the very least, I'm going to assume Presti likes Affalo if Henny likes him.

You're so cute.

Oh man I got a kick out of this.

So how much will the Thunder be willing to spend? Yes.

I hate that lol you ask him a question and he answers in a question form. Like dude just say i don't know or maybe sheesh but that's Kyler

H.Thabeet - $1.2M

R.Jackson - $1.2M

How is about this trade

This makes no sense whats so ever. We have no reason to take on any of those players at all.