Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

We're really stacking up our scouting department. Which is a really good thing. After Otis had little to no people in the organization to scout (except Twardzik who sucked), Rob is bringing in a huge scouting staff.

I agree. I'm really liking the effort Rob is putting into our scouting. I hope it pays off over the next few yrs.

I got news for you guys. You better get used to undrafted free agents, 2nd round picks, etc. making the team. The scouting dept. is being put in place for a successful rebuild. This is the model folks. Expect maybe a free agent splash or whatnot years from now. But the draft picks will be a plenty, under the radar guys we'll all scratch our heads about at the time of the signing. Not spending the MLE on 1 year wonders. This is our new Magic and you better embrace it or go root for the Knicks.

I got news for you guys. You better get used to undrafted free agents, 2nd round picks, etc. making the team. The scouting dept. is being put in place for a successful rebuild. This is the model folks. Expect maybe a free agent splash or whatnot years from now. But the draft picks will be a plenty, under the radar guys we'll all scratch our heads about at the time of the signing. Not spending the MLE on 1 year wonders. This is our new Magic and you better embrace it or go root for the Knicks.

Yup, I can envision us signing D-league guys to 10 day contracts and what not, but probably not this year. Our roster is too crowded and we need to find ways to get rid of the guys not a part of the rebuilding process.

Man, if people can't get excited about this, i don't know what else to tell them. No more MLE Duhon/Pietrus/Barnes/Q signings. We're always going to have young, surprising players that will produce just as well as vets, for fraction of the cost. The new CBA will hamper teams that don't have their scouting in line. Glad we're tightening up!

Man, if people can't get excited about this, i don't know what else to tell them. No more MLE Duhon/Pietrus/Barnes/Q signings. We're always going to have young, surprising players that will produce just as well as vets, for fraction of the cost. The new CBA will hamper teams that don't have their scouting in line. Glad we're tightening up!

Yeah, this is the whole point in following a team. Trying to build a championship roster from scratch. We get to see players grow and a fluid roster that adds players, cuts players, trades players in an attempt to build a working roster.

2004 through 2009 was a blast to watch. The 2009 playoffs were the most enjoyment I've gotten watching any team ever. After that it wasn't as great. I'm pretty happy we get to rebuild again.

Yeah, this is the whole point in following a team. Trying to build a championship roster from scratch. We get to see players grow and a fluid roster that adds players, cuts players, trades players in an attempt to build a working roster.

2004 through 2009 was a blast to watch. The 2009 playoffs were the most enjoyment I've gotten watching any team ever. After that it wasn't as great. I'm pretty happy we get to rebuild again.

exactly. Winning was great, but watching the team grow and develop was something else.

The 2009 playoffs were the most enjoyment I've gotten watching any team ever.

Same here. I'm stoked to start the rebuild.

04-09 was fun but for me at least, it was largely in part of having a franchise guy secured and watching him grow into a superstar. I have no choice but to trust in Rob but I really hope we don't slip into Wizards/Kings/Raptors level of dysfunction if our draft picks don't pan out. If Shabazz turns out to be Stackhouse 2.0 or Noel is Stromile Swift 2.0 then :panicworker:

04-09 was fun but for me at least, it was largely in part of having a franchise guy secured and watching him grow into a superstar. I have no choice but to trust in Rob but I really hope we don't slip into Wizards/Kings/Raptors level of dysfunction if our draft picks don't pan out. If Shabazz turns out to be Stackhouse 2.0 or Noel is Stromile Swift 2.0 then :panicworker:

If shabazz is stackhouse then we just use him as a6 th man and suck for 2014. Or we use him in a trade.

Its a fluid process. We aren't focusing on one player or one draft. We could do anything and change our plan at the drop of a hat if things change.

If, hypothetically, nicholson and harkless become allstars in their second year, we'll trade our assets for proven players and use our cap space for a top tier free agent.

If nicholson and harkless are role players, we can build further through the draft.

If we don't like the 2014 draft or free agency we take on bad contracts that expire when we want them to and acquire more draft picks.

Point being, we don't need to worry about striking out at one piece of the rebuild.