Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

While I think the Magic FO dropped the ball in alot of areas, I think SVG's comments may be a little self-serving. If he wants to ever coach for the large-market teams he can't be labeled as the coach who can't get along with superstars. I'm sure he wasnt overly happy with the inference that the Magic were replacing him for someone that can relate to players.

If SVG had lost every game he coached last year it would still be better than the disaster we were left with by the gm. Im sure SVG will get a nice 4 million dollar gig somewhere...Otis no way.

That was done by Otis, not Rob. Not to mention the complete logjam at PF and the fact he hasn't shown all that much could lead to his release. The drafting of Andrew Nicholson kind of sealed his fate of not getting a serious shot here. I think he is destined for a career overseas.

Coming out of the draft, he was described as a Channning Frye/Matt Bonner type of player. I'd like to see what he can do with a full training camp. Hard to form an opinion based on what we saw last year.

Sorry, playing catchup. I wouldn't mind seeing JJ take a few minutes at PG here and there. Last year, he was one of the better passers and he's really improved his lateral quickness in the last few years. He's a smart player and defenses would have to stay honest.

Add to that while he's a short 2-guard, he'd be a good-sized PG. Just a thought.

Coming out of the draft, he was described as a Channning Frye/Matt Bonner type of player. I'd like to see what he can do with a full training camp. Hard to form an opinion based on what we saw last year.

We have 7 players who can play the 4/5 (not including him)... I really don't see where he fits in unless we trade some of those fast.

EDIT: Plus a stretch 4 type player isn't nearly as important without Dwight in the center drawing double teams.

I'd like to see VucciMane have a stretch 4 around him. He has a nice post game and at 7ft he'd be able to pass out of a double team

This. The tankery will be epic.

I dont like the whole "lets blow games" mentality.

If we have a squad that can blow through people, then by all means let them. I dont think it makes much sense to hope guys play below their mark just so we can get a "possible" top talent.

If these guys go out and play hard and still lose, then im good with that. But if they go out and start winning but let off because they want to play the lottery seed game, then im not okay with that and neither should anyone else who pays to watch (TV or Local).

Play like you know how and everything else will fall into place.

The players won't have that mentality; it just won't matter because they won't be good enough to win very often. If you are talking about the fan mentality, that doesn't matter either for obvious reasons.

This team will go out and compete every single night.

Will they win? Probably not.

Will they get hot from time to time? Probably.

If they get too hot, will there be a wink to let them know to cool off? Well...lol

This team will go out and compete every single night.

Will they win? Probably not.

Will they get hot from time to time? Probably.

If they get too hot, will there be a wink to let them know to cool off? Well...lol

Then it's time for someone to go to the injured list with a stubbed toe. :happypuppy: