Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

You guys may not like this idea but I think we take a shot at Jimmer Fredette or Isiah Thomas of the Kings. Both are cheap and young.

Thomas, yes. But the Kings love the guy, they won't trade him for our big man depth. As for Jimmer, I honestly think JJ is better. No thanks.

Surely there is a possibility we might just waive Harper?

We gave up two future 2nd round picks that should be pretty close to the top of the round for Harper, and now we're talking about waiving him after one year because he can't make our lottery bound roster?

As for Jimmer, I honestly think JJ is better. No thanks.

And it's not close. Jimmer is atrocious, JJ is a starting caliber NBA SG.

"I am going to ask you a trivia question, and try to answer it as quickly as possible. I want your gut answer, not necessarily the correct one. Here we go: Since the NBA instituted its draft lottery in 1985, how many No. 1 overall picks have won a title with their original teams?

Five? Six? Eight?

Try this: two." - Dwight Howard is rewarded for insubordination in trade to Lakers

The above stat just completely blew my mind though..... :o

Pretty Good Read. Nicely Done Mr.Rosenberg.

We gave up two future 2nd round picks that should be pretty close to the top of the round for Harper, and now we're talking about waiving him after one year because he can't make our lottery bound roster?

That was done by Otis, not Rob. Not to mention the complete logjam at PF and the fact he hasn't shown all that much could lead to his release. The drafting of Andrew Nicholson kind of sealed his fate of not getting a serious shot here. I think he is destined for a career overseas.

That was done by Otis, not Rob. Not to mention the complete logjam at PF and the fact he hasn't shown all that much could lead to his release. The drafting of Andrew Nicholson kind of sealed his fate of not getting a serious shot here. I think he is destined for a career overseas.

Just be glad he didnt offer up two future unprotected firsts at this point....could you imagine.