Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds retarded? Why not just interview them with everyone present instead of haivng a ton of interviews with different people every time?

Our franchise just seems to love doing business in the oddest of ways.

This is the same process that got the GM everyone on this board is praising to the heavens for something he has yet to do. Give the process a chance.

Perhaps that's why we have such a long history of players trying to get away from it.....

That's what I'm starting to wonder. Haven't really had many if any star player retire in a Magic uniform

So how many of you are 17 or under just wondering

I'm sure there was a way to phrase that question that would be a little bit less...creepy.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds retarded? Why not just interview them with everyone present instead of haivng a ton of interviews with different people every time?

Our franchise just seems to love doing business in the oddest of ways.

That isn't odd at all. If you want to see how someone reacts to different situations and you want to get a couple of different opinions the best way to do that is with team interviews and multiple interviews. The company I work for does a pre-screening interview over the phone with every candidate, followed by a 2nd screening with management before they ever get to a face to face. Once they get there they interview with one interview team followed by a 2nd face to face with a different team.

That's what I'm starting to wonder. Haven't really had many if any star player retire in a Magic uniform

This franchise is only 20 years old. We have not won anything yet. We were decent on the Shak and Penny era and some under Tracy time.

Shak left the franchise because of money, nothing else. He has said in the past. I hear him in a recent interview about how he respect the Devos family and how professional they were with him.

All of us know what happened to Penny. He disappear after Shak left.

Tracy had a very similar case as with Dwight but the Organization went after the best FA's in the market to pair with Tracy. Duncan decided to re-sign with San Antonio at the last minute and we eventually ended up signing one of the best NBA players in Grant Hill. Unfortunately, HIll was unable to play and we were stuck with his salary so no further moves to please Tracey were ever made. He disliked the Dwight Howard selection and requested to be traded.

We build around Dwight and after Grant HIll salary came off, we hired the best FA at the time in Rashard Lewis to an absurd salary to pair him with Dwight. We eventually were able to get other pieces and make it to the final in 2009.

Unfortunately, Otis has made very bad moves lately to affect our salary cap to make any further moves at the moment.

Dwight should look at the history of the organization. The Devous family has been very active and they are trying to put the best team possible in a "small market"

The hiring of Hennigan and firing of Otis and Stan is a prove to this. They want to win.

Dwight should see this. It will take 1-2 years for Hennigan to put a great team. 2013 and 2014 will be great free agency year and we are going to be able to get at least 1-2 stars with or without Dwight. Dwight is welcome to come along and be part of the ride with us but no with HWNSNBU.

• Upvote 1

Even a guy that's currently respected like Nick Anderson got run out of town. To me it stems from strange ownership and the market they're in. Even Pat William's would tell you it's mind-blowing that an NBA team actually plays in Orlando.

The Magic are doing their due dilligence, Brian Shaw was not going to get the job, his interview was poor. He may just be a bad interviewer, and a good coach but Henny's job relies on getting a coach on the same page with him.