Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I have come to the conclusion that 98% of the Magic fans on this board are like the Indians Fan (Quaid) in Major League. Stop, complaining! We got rid of the Dbag who caused all this trouble and drama in the first place. If he didn't handcuff Orlando in where he would only go, and whine so much in public. We could have gotten a lot more. The reality is, this is the best we could do.

Time to move on and hope we can draft well and make a splash in Free Agent market when the right player is available.

hahaha no point in arguing with you, if you think this is the case. You are right, you should be the GM, I bet you would have got so much more.

I wouldn't have traded him since getting cap relief and a large TPE is literally better than what we received:

2014 protected pick.

2015 protected pick.

2017 protected pick.

Vucevic.

Harkless.

That's the kind of haul you get for taking on Al Harrington's contract. It's like Dwight was a throw in.

Easily the worst trade in the league since Kwame for Pau.

• Upvote 1

So if Nash gets injured, then Duhon becomes the starter?....... LMAO

Yes, and when Dwight's back gets pounded again (flashes back to "The Longest Yard") , Lopez's foot breaks again, Bynums knees go out, and AA is putting up 17 and 6 people are going to say we did good LOL

• Upvote 1

Let's face it - it's a deal only a team like the Lakers can pull off.

The league was looking for a big man in the west to lead after Kobe is gone. Dwight was their man.

Makes you wonder if it all wasn't planned. Hosting the All-Star events was a consolation from the league to the city.

I wouldn't have traded him since getting cap relief and a large TPE is literally better than what we received:

2014 protected pick.

2015 protected pick.

2017 protected pick.

Vucevic.

Harkless.

That's the kind of haul you get for taking on Al Harrington's contract. It's like Dwight was a throw in.

Your Crazy, the worst trade was Pau going to LA for nothing.

Or those trades that take place where the player is then cut from the traded team and ends up back on the team that traded him.... Those are even worst.

This one wasnt bad by any stretch of the imagination.

2014 protected pick.

2015 protected pick.

2017 protected pick.

Vucevic.

Harkless.

The salary they took back can easily be moved if they want. So they figured take a bit of salary back to get a few younger players with Harkless being the only one with an upside and 3 - 1sts and 2- 2nds

Is this trade any worse than for example the Raptors trading Vince Carter? Raptors acquired forward Eric Williams, forward/centre, Aaron Williams and centre Alonzo Mourning (never played 1 game for them), along with two first-round draft picks (protected picks) from NJ.

Your Crazy, the worst trade was Pau going to LA for nothing.

Or those trades that take place where the player is then cut from the traded team and ends up back on the team that traded him.... Those are even worst.

This one wasnt bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Memphis got the better Gasol brother in the end anyways.

Yes.

However, before the "end" the Lakers won two NBA championships.

I prreetttyyy much think they would do the deal again that year if given the chance.

Until he wins a ring while becoming a factor in winning that ring, Pau is the better Gasol.

Marc has time, but the rest remains to be seen.