Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

The caliber of prospect when they were traded for stars like Melo, DW, and KG not the players as of now. A prospect like Evan Turner is what I'm suggesting

Harrington's last two years are not guarenteed... maybe we can buy him out?

I doubt Afflalo can score 19 ppg... he doesn't create his own shot... he is a 3x better version of Keith Bogans and that's about it...

7.5 mil is a bit high for a 15ppg guy who is hitting the ceiling

He can create a shot or he would not average 15 points a game on a team like Denver.

Also, you have zero idea if he is hitting the ceiling or not.

He will only be 30 at the end of his 4 year contract. JRich will be 34 at the end of his and it's only for 3 years.

it would only make sense if Rob flip Aron to a contender at deadline.... then that would be a good deal

So we dump J-Rich/Duhon, can buy out or trade Turk/Harrington after this season, get potential in Vucevic/Harkless, get Afflalo as a nice veteran piece.

We get our own draft picks in the top of the lotto from being terrible for a couple years, get complimentary picks from the other teams in the trade, AND we set ourselves up as players in free agency in the coming years with lots of cap space.

Oh yeah, and this was accomplished after Dwight and HWNSNBU completely destroyed our leverage.

AND THIS TRADE IS GETTING BLASTED FOR SHORTSIGHTEDNESS AND STUPIDITY. WHAT WORLD IS THIS? SOMEONE HONESTLY EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS IS "THE WORST TRADE IN NBA HISTORY". DO IT. I DARE YOU. I'LL BE WAITING.

This.

Look in the NBA you either bottom out and rebuild or you are a contender. Being stuck in the middle is the worst. So we become like the Jazz or Nuggets and get the 5-8 seed every year and be a first round casualty. No thanks. I would rather build towards a better goal. I know the immediacy is to get on ESPN and feel sorry for ourselves but you have to be patient. Dwight gave us a 2 team list and we made it work without paying Lopez and Humphries 25 million this year. It will be okay.

• Upvote 1

He can create a shot or he would not average 15 points a game on a team like Denver.

Also, you have zero idea if he is hitting the ceiling or not.

well sounds like if I tell you d12 is going to hit 80% of his free throw next season... and you tell me that's not happening... and I go back at you saying you have zero idea...

well sounds like if I tell you d12 is going to hit 80% of his free throw next season... and you tell me that's not happening... and I go back at you saying you have zero idea...

That may be the worst analogy I have ever read. Please stop.

We get it, you don't like Afflalo. Cool.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the RealGM forums or is it just me?

Yeah I'm having trouble accessing Real GM as well. Looks like the website can't handle the amount of traffic it's receiving right now.