Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

again I don't understand the logic of getting Aron...

if we still have d12 and we got aron, then I would understand... he is a good piece around your center player

but if we're going to rebuild... by the time that happens.. aron is going to be old... what are we trying to do?

lol Wilson Chandler is only a year younger, so I fail to see the significance of your point

Harrington's last two years are not guarenteed... maybe we can buy him out?

I doubt Afflalo can score 19 ppg... he doesn't create his own shot... he is a 3x better version of Keith Bogans and that's about it...

7.5 mil is a bit high for a 15ppg guy who is hitting the ceiling

Aflallo makes sense because for what you get, he is not expensive. This is a guy who can give 15-19ppg, and play sound wing defense. The worst case for us is in 2 years he is our 6th man because we signed Harden or drafted a complete beast SG. He also can be traded as well.

Best case, he blossoms as a starter here and the Magic high five each other. But regardless, this is a guy who will provide talent and depth on the wings, which leads me to..

Harkless. This guy needs time to develop. He has a 7 foot wingspan and insane athletic ability. If he is properly developed, he will be our very own Nick Batum and we will be resigning this guy for a 10-12mm a year deal in 2015. Currently, he has no outside shot and is rather raw. If this was an SVG or Brian Hill staff, forget it, but we are very new school and are focusing on player development now. What this means is that Harkless will actually play for us off the bench. He will be utilized in the Vaughn offense, which means he will get corner 3s to build his long range game on, and will be encouraged to crash the boards and take advantage of his insane athleticism. Harkless will be a showcase for this new staff because it is their job to make him a stud.

Off the bench we have JJ..a great bench guy who is perfect for the locker room. We obviously are still thin at wing, but have no doubt upgraded from the old slowness prior and this is why Aflallo is valued by Orlando.

Bigs. We have a lot of bigs. This is the new NBA in which you go for young bigs and see who fits the system and who doesnt. As of right now, we still have Nicholson, and this is a guy who could easily develop into a 15/10 PF for us in 2-3 years. I think he would come off the bench behind Harrington but will split time, which leads me to ..

Baby. Can a Baby/Harrington frontline be effective? I honestly dont thin kso. It seems like a rather small lineup to me and this is why Harrington coming here seems like overkill. Ideally, I want baby at PF working inside next to a taller shooter like Vucevic.

The Harrington part really puts us in a logjam at big right now and makes me nervous that the Magic may trade Nicholson. If that happens, it would be poor decision IMO.

I never said get Al Jefferson or Eric Gordon

The thing is we got no foundation player out of this trade all these players can easily be moved within three years.

It would've been nice to get an Eric Gordon, Al Jefferson, Derrick Favors, Gallinari type prospect in return

• Upvote 3

I think everyone needs to hold off judgement, until the WHOLE Deal is reported... There could be additional trades related to this trade, not yet reported..

Just think about this...... Why would we take Harrington, and the lower of Denver's 2014 pick, unless they were taking something from us also....as they are getting a major upgrade in talent...

Maybe, just maybe, a separate trade of Turk for Denver's TPE.. Contingent on this whole 4 team trade going down.

That would make us getting rid of J. Rich, Duhon, Turk, and Clark, Along with DH(who does not want to be here).

J. Rich (Highly overpaid for what he brings, almost untradeable contract unless included in this type of deal..)

Duhon (Worthless piece to any puzzle)

Turk (See Duhon, plus lazy and un-motivated to get any better or try harder)

Clark (Not the Smartest NBA player by far, as far as NBA IQ goes..)

DH (Does not want to be here, and killed Orlando's chances at getting any GREAT deal by all of his Whining!!)

You do not want any of that around a group of young players that you are trying to mold into quality NBA players, and more importantly Quality People!! That sounds like a Great way to start changing the mentality of the Team!!!

Getting the young talent and Draft picks on top of that is just icing on the cake!!!

REALLY, what could you expect after what HWNSNBU has done behind the scenes, Dwight has done in the media, and what Otis did to this teams CAP?????

All of this: this is less Hennigan's inability to get something done, and more a simple fact that Dwight straight up bent the Magic over and prison-***** them. Thanks, dude - you and HWNSNBU can go ***** yourselves.

lol Wilson Chandler is only a year younger, so I fail to see the significance of your point

yah, but Wilson has a better talent... he is a better asset...

Aron Afflalo to me is in the middle of everything...

does he have good potential? average

how's his contract? just a bit high

are we fighting for playoffs? no

so why do we want him for that long?

yah, but Wilson has a better talent... he is a better asset...

Aron Afflalo to me is in the middle of everything...

does he have good potential? average

how's his contract? just a bit high

are we fighting for playoffs? no

so why do we want him for that long?

I'd rather have Afflalo.

again I don't understand the logic of getting Aron...

if we still have d12 and we got aron, then I would understand... he is a good piece around your center player

but if we're going to rebuild... by the time that happens.. aron is going to be old... what are we trying to do?

He will only be 30 at the end of his 4 year contract. JRich will be 34 at the end of his and it's only for 3 years.

I would rather see what these future picks develop then pay max money to Al Jefferson and Eric Gordon.

I cant stress this enough...

imagine going Austin or Noel or Bazz next year, then the year after we go Harrison or Hill or Parker....and knowing Hennigan's background, he's gonig to find someone with Denver's pick in that draft & there's a good chance he is going to hit on those selections

btw, can you imagine our line-up in 2014 being

PG-Harrison(6'5",211)

SG-Muhammad(6'6",218)

SF-Harkless(6'8",208)

good, young talent