Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Because they can be told not too.... It's up to the team and at the teams disgression. Players can be excused from the team.

Lamar Odom comes to mind......and that was a year of sheer madness!!! I also think it hurt Dallas more than what they admitted to, even to include adding to the embarasment of parting with the players that won them a ring the season before.....and they still have a hard time attracting good talent to play there even with Dirk and the good rep Cuban has with players!!! This crap is toxic!!!!

Well if we were planning to embarrass him like then the team wouldn't excuse him. Regardless, it's not a scenario that would happen anyways.

It's a scenario that often happens. Many players have been excused from their team to sit out while the teams season continues.

The Magic owns Dwight's basketball world. The Magic can do whatever they like, because Dwight is still under contract.

You are dead on with this...its where it all started. Paid him about 40 million more than any team had to offer at the time. Additionally at the time I remember Otis was the one who lobbied for the extra year....ugggh. We definately could have recovered from this move if he hadnt followed it with a string of mostly disasterous moves.

Its like we won the powerball lottery three times (Dwight, SHaq, Webber) and instead of cashing the winning ticket we instead traded it for a bag of skittles, some used toilet paper and were so stupid we just lost the last ticket. I feel bad for old man Devos (if you can feel bad for a billionaire). The people who he has around him are just incompetent bungling bafoons who most likely dont have one hundredth the work ethic that he did to get him to where he is now. Im sure they are bleeding him dry elsewhere and he doesnt even know it.

I don't know, even if Otis didn't give him the extra year he probably would have made some other bonehead move to get us in cap hell.

It's a scenario that often happens. Many players have been excused from their team to sit out while the teams season continues.

The Magic owns Dwight's basketball world. The Magic can do whatever they like, because Dwight is still under contract.

I mean the scenario where we'd sit him at the end of the bench and still make him show up to the games wouldn't happen.

Well if we were planning to embarrass him like then the team wouldn't excuse him. Regardless, it's not a scenario that would happen anyways.

We all know exactly how he sees it. Self entitled, immature and refuses to acknowledge the fact that he has created this nightmare. Nothing is his fault, he's completely innocent and just wants everyone to like him but at the same time is trying to force the Magic to give him what he wants to no regard to what it means for the team and what it means to the fans.

Cry me a river. Sack up, shut the ***** up, and go about your business. Play out your contract like you agreed to do, and stop leaking these stupid ass "I'll only re-sign with team x" or "I'm going to team Y next summer no matter where I get traded to now" bull**** comments.

He's already played this franchise to the point that the fans of the Magic are tired of him and looking forward to him being traded. This is a guy who is, hands down, the best center in the league in a time where the second best center in the league isn't really close behind, and we don't care. Take a hike, because we are sick of this primadonna bull****.

If Rob doesn't get a package that he is willing to take back, and Dwight continues to drag things out in this manner, then tell Dwight to suit up and sulk at the end of the bench for a season.

Amen

We all know exactly how he sees it. Self entitled, immature and refuses to acknowledge the fact that he has created this nightmare. Nothing is his fault, he's completely innocent and just wants everyone to like him but at the same time is trying to force the Magic to give him what he wants to no regard to what it means for the team and what it means to the fans.

Cry me a river. Sack up, shut the ***** up, and go about your business. Play out your contract like you agreed to do, and stop leaking these stupid ass "I'll only re-sign with team x" or "I'm going to team Y next summer no matter where I get traded to now" bull**** comments.

He's already played this franchise to the point that the fans of the Magic are tired of him and looking forward to him being traded. This is a guy who is, hands down, the best center in the league in a time where the second best center in the league isn't really close behind, and we don't care. Take a hike, because we are sick of this primadonna bull****.

If Rob doesn't get a package that he is willing to take back, and Dwight continues to drag things out in this manner, then tell Dwight to suit up and sulk at the end of the bench for a season.

Well put. Drop the mic moonwalk off the stage with both middle fingers in the air singing Hit The Road Jack.

WEll im bashing your GM after a month because well. He IS pathetic. Deal with it. I lol at how mad you guys are, thanks for the entertainment lol!!!! I actually said I hope it works out for you guys, but the classlessness of you guys is so bad. So now I know BAD GM, BAD iowner and NOW bad Fans... Hope youse never experience the joy of winning a championship. You probably wont. Enjoy your day at being mad at D.Howard saying the same thing he said back in December just you guys were too naive to accept the truth. Bye bye

You have a very odd definition of "classiness." Being a Lakers fan, you've never had to deal with 20 win seasons or players leaving for a bigger market or ring chasing with a 'contender' defined so by the fact they won championships in the heyday of the NBA (see Celtics and LA before they got Shaq - remember the Nick Van Exel years? I do).

"Class" would be to not log onto your computer, head on over to another team's boards who gifted you your last string of championships, and then spend a 'friendly' post bashing the team, brand new GM, and the fans. That's so incredibly disingenuous.....

Oh, wait: Lakers fan. Being a fan of the Lakers is like being a fan of butt cancer.

• Upvote 2

Dwight: "trade me to the Nets"

Rob: "Hi, I'm Rob Hennigan"

Dwight: "Nets please"

Rob: "well, let's talk about this if you don't mind"

Dwight: "OK, I'd like to go to the Nets"

Rob: "I'll see what I can do"

Dwight: "How did it go?"

Rob: "Well, not very well, they want you and you want them but what they want to give me is crap"

Dwight: "Keep working on it"

Dwight: "Am I a Net yet?"

Rob: "Still looking"

Dwight: "Looking at what? I heard they had a deal in place, what are you waiting for?"

Rob: "They may have, but we don't, not yet, in fact, we're far from it...any dinner plans tonight?"

Dwight: "NETS BRO"

Rob: "See what I can do"

Dwight: "Any word? I heard you were talking to the Lakers, Rockets and maybe others? I won't resign bro, I won't extend, I'll walk, don't trade me there"

Rob: "I'm working for the Magic Dwight, this is about getting the best deal for us"

Dwight: "Nets bro"

Dwight: "Nets resigned Lopez man!"

Rob: "well shoot, maybe next time"

Dwight: "I'm not coming back, trade me to the Nets now"

Dwight: "Theres a rumor that a Lakers/Cavs deal is place...WTF BRO?"

Rob: "you know what, I think we're just going to hang on to you for awhile, try and work things out"

Dwight: "Nets bro!"

Dwight: "OMG FINE! Trade me to the Lakers!"

Rob: "iight cool"

Dwight: "what?"

Rob: "nothing, let me get back to you"

Dwight: "why are you smiling? am I headed to the Lakers yet?"

• Upvote 4

You have a very odd definition of "classiness." Being a Lakers fan, you've never had to deal with 20 win seasons or players leaving for a bigger market or ring chasing with a 'contender' defined so by the fact they won championships in the heyday of the NBA (see Celtics and LA before they got Shaq - remember the Nick Van Exel years? I do).

"Class" would be to not log onto your computer, head on over to another team's boards who gifted you your last string of championships, and then spend a 'friendly' post bashing the team, brand new GM, and the fans. That's so incredibly disingenuous.....

Oh, wait: Lakers fan. Being a fan of the Lakers is like being a fan of butt cancer.

You just completely destroyed that guy.

• Downvote 1

LOL.....................................................30Assist, now tells us how you really feel????? By the way......well said!!! Bravo!!!!

Guys, stop it. Dwight loves us. Will love us forever. His heart is still here. He still has unfinished business here. Please, guys, he's a loyal guy.