Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I'm not too worried about losing leverage with Dwight. I would say the fact that we can currently offer him more money than anyone else and the fact that the couple of teams that he likes can't sign him outright give us all the leverage we currently need. The way I see it, the worst thing that happens is that Dwight walks at the end of next season and we get an 18 million dollar expiring contract. I can live with that.

Also, if we have supposedly lost all our leverage, then Houston wouldn't be considering using their amnesty clause on Scola. If they do elect to use it, then we have to assume that Hennigan is still in the drivers seat.

Great points.

I laugh at half this garbage that is written because it has been so one sided, everyone wins but the Magic. They portray the Orlando Magic as the little kid, and everyone else just taking our lunch money. Its very amusing, because the Orlando Magic have all the leverage in the world.

And quite honestly, if Dwight would remove his mouth from his agents testicles. Then maybe he could really see that those who are around him dont have his best interest and that following money isnt everything. I think we have finally found a front office that can run a basketball operation, which is important. Every good company/team is run from top down, know your role and play it well and the sky is the limit.

Dwights best option is here with us, with Orlando. It took Dirk 13yrs to win a championship, patience is a virtue. Granted the team management before sucked, but nothing can be done about it now, we are ahead of that and now looking at our new future. Which can include Dwight.

Either way the Magic will be a great team again.

You wanna talk about poetic justice........trading Dwight to Houston would be beyond hilarious.

Has anyone here ever been to Houston? I just got back from 2 weeks of training there. I was staying in there downtown (which is where the Rockets play) and that place had to be the most disgusting place I have ever been to in my life. I live in Tampa and work in downtown Tampa, and I thought the homeless problem was bad here......HA! Man, Houston is rough.....ROUGH!!!!

I've been to Orlando plenty of times in my life (comes with the territory of being a Tampa native), and I know firsthand, you would have to be a complete idiot to wanna live in Houston, instead. Not saying Dwight wants to, but it seems Houston is willing to rent him and try and sell him on that ****hole of a city. I love this ****!!!!!

I love how this whiny piece of excrement thinks he can demand to be traded to ONE damn team. Now, that team is out of the running. So, that leaves Houston, and possibly LA.......and he better hope LA is willing to trade for him. Because he will be probably kicking HWNSNBU's ass within a week of living in Houston for brainwashing his ass into leaving Orlando.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Why aren't other teams coming forward attempting to get the best center in the game (other than Houston & L.A.?). Gotta think we will start getting better/more diverse offers now that the "only place he will re-sign with" is out of the picture (hopefully).

I wonder why the Thunder haven't made an offer for Dwight. They could part with Harden and Ibaka for Dwight and filler. I know it's a gamble on their part but you got to believe if they had Westbrook, Durant and Howard they would be the heavy favorites to win the ring. I really couldn't see Howard leaving that team if they win the whole thing.

I wonder why the Thunder haven't made an offer for Dwight. They could part with Harden and Ibaka for Dwight and filler. I know it's a gamble on their part but you got to believe if they had Westbrook, Durant and Howard they would be the heavy favorites to win the ring. I really couldn't see Howard leaving that team if they win the whole thing.

Dude, I have been saying the same thing for the past year and a half.

Why aren't other teams coming forward attempting to get the best center in the game (other than Houston & L.A.?). Gotta think we will start getting better/more diverse offers now that the "only place he will re-sign with" is out of the picture (hopefully).

I think a lot of teams are thinking that the risk isn't worth the reward. Dwight really is getting a teamkiller reputation. Kinda like T.O., all the talent in the world, but a mental midget..

because OKC doesn't live in a short term thinking bubble like our former GM

Question for everyone:

If we all stopped checking this site everyday, watching sports news, and following twitter and came back to it all in 4 months do you think we would be happy with the changes or depressed and suicidal?

(Dwight Howard, Dwight, Howard, Dwight Howard)

That little rant was for you liveordiemagic

I have to think that part of the problem with OKC is that any deal with that team would look like collusion. Sure, even if the Magic got back a very enticing package of Harden, Ibaka, Perkins, and Perry Jones, the rest of the NBA would be screaming because now OKC would be meeting Miami in the finals for the next 3 years. Everyone would say things like "Presti and Hennigan had a deal all along!" Or "Presti put pressure on his protege!" (Has that for a tongue-twisting headline!)