Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

How can anyone defend this deal? It's got damn awful, I swear you people are just happy it's over.

I actually like Afallo, but he only makes sense if we were keeping Dwight! He's a good player for a contending team, why do we want a tapped out veteran who's not getting better?

It makes absolutely NO sense for us to take Al Harrington, we have more than enough Pf's, let's take another one but this time get an overpaid one. Oh we can buy him out at the end of the season? Couldn't we do the same with Duhon but a lot cheaper? It's not like his $3 mill contract is handicapping us. Doesn't his buyout still count against the cap too?All Al Harrington does is get in the way of guys like Nicholson.

Duh we're gonna have cap space in 2 years, we're trading our only max contract. All we had to do was ship out J-Rich to accomplish that, if all we wanted was cap space, why not trade for Lopez & Wallace last year who were expiring? Or Bynum now who's expiring next year?

If we wanted to rebuild you trade Dwight for youth & draft picks, not veterans and low draft picks, we can't even get their good draft picks, we get the lower of Denver's, all 3 are protected. I do like Harkless but you guys really believe this was the best trade we could've pulled off? It's not even the best Dwight to LAL deal we could've pulled off. It's utter ****! All of this is just banking our 1 pick will be next Durant, we were determined to suck to trade Dwight but this is not the right way. Melo, Cp3, D-Will, hell even Igoudala got more, I expected better.

I have no respect for that pompous man and the media he works for. Like someone said earlier, someone has to lose and that's how they will run it.

Hey, someone is actually listening to me....lol

Everyone wins, Magic lose. - There I saved everyone atleast 2yrs worth of waisted time reading ESPN looking for good news surrounding the Magic.

We got McBob!!

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

In addition to details already reported, the Lakers also send Josh McRoberts to the Magic as part of the four-team trade, sources say.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

How can anyone defend this deal? It's got damn awful, I swear you people are just happy it's over.

I actually like Afallo, but he only makes sense if we were keeping Dwight! He's a good player for a contending team, why do we want a tapped out veteran who's not getting better?

It makes absolutely NO sense for us to take Al Harrington, we have more than enough Pf's, let's take another one but this time get an overpaid one. Oh we can buy him out at the end of the season? Couldn't we do the same with Duhon but a lot cheaper? It's not like his $3 mill contract is handicapping us. Doesn't his buyout still count against the cap too?All Al Harrington does is get in the way of guys like Nicholson.

Duh we're gonna have cap space in 2 years, we're trading our only max contract. All we had to do was ship out J-Rich to accomplish that, if all we wanted was cap space, why not trade for Lopez & Wallace last year who were expiring? Or Bynum now who's expiring next year?

If we wanted to rebuild you trade Dwight for youth & draft picks, not veterans and low draft picks, we can't even get their good draft picks, we get the lower of Denver's, all 3 are protected. I do like Harkless but you guys really believe this was the best trade we could've pulled off? It's not even the best Dwight to LAL deal we could've pulled off. It's utter ****! All of this is just banking our 1 pick will be next Durant, we were determined to suck to trade Dwight but this is not the right way. Melo, Cp3, D-Will, hell even Igoudala got more, I expected better.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

If you think this will be the last move the Magic make, then I feel bad for your mental health. Your going to drive yourself off a cliff if you keep this up.

We got McBob!!

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

In addition to details already reported, the Lakers also send Josh McRoberts to the Magic as part of the four-team trade, sources say.

thats false, he's going to the nuggets

edit: nvm my bad

Done deal.

ORL gets Afflalo, AHarrington, McRoberts, Eyenga, Vucevic, Harkless, three 1st-rd picks, two 2nd-rd picks.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals (cont.)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

(cont.) and no need to take on Harrington contract.

Would you guys have preferred this to what you got?

Doesnt matter anymore..... its a done deal..... time to move forward....

IBL

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

Draft picks going to Orlando: '14 first and '14 second from Denver; conditional future first and conditional 2015 second from Lakers ...

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

(cont.) and Magic also get a first from Philly that is lottery-protected in '13-'14, top-11 protected in '15, top-8 protected in '16 ...

Hahaha, really? Nets you guys would have received one of the best post players in Lopez, nice promising 6th man or starter in Marshon and Humphries(who's a complete hustler). Also some mid round pics like you got from this deal, with cap room.

Rockets you guys would've had a ton of picks, which will be good with me thinking the Rockets would've been bad even with Dwight. You have plenty of promising players while being able to tank if you fans wanted that. Oh, almost forgot and darn lottery pick from Toronto, so you would have two lottery,(can flip if you want) and plenty of youngsters(which you can flip if you want)

If Lopez was so freaking awesome, why were the Nets so willing to toss him out the door?

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

Draft picks going to Orlando: '14 first and '14 second from Denver; conditional future first and conditional 2015 second from Lakers ...

LA's still getting away with highway robbery on this one: they're basically giving up next to nothing to get the best center in the game. Again.

I mean, I like the deal for us, sort of, but it must be nice to be LA and NEVER get the short end of the stick...

We got McBob!!

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

In addition to details already reported, the Lakers also send Josh McRoberts to the Magic as part of the four-team trade,

Great!! Another power foward. What the heck!!