Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

FWIW, Josh Robbins was on 740 AM this morning and said Houston's package was not as advertised. They were either giving up talent or taking back contracts; not both.

Who do you believe, Woj or Robbins?

Exactly. Morey is just saving face by putting out that info to AW.

You do realize the Raptors are going to make the playoffs right? And Affalo is an asset to trade for even more picks or young players. Everyone needs to chill out! Obviously he waited for the best trade possible, he is not an idiot.

Really the raptors are a lock to make the playoffs? Oh and even if they do it's still a protected lotto pick that would carry on till the next year and so on until their pick lands in the lotto and considering it's the raptors that won't take very long.

BTW on espn this is our picks...

Lakers in 2017, Nuggets in 2014, Sixers in 2015

John Hollinger@johnhollinger

Based on what I've been told Houston pretty clearly had a better offer -- including a guaranteed lotto pick. Frustrating day for Rox.

This trade is garbage for the magic.

We're not good enough to make the playoffs and we're not bad enough to have a better chance at the #1 pick.

Afflalo has 4 years left at 7.5 mil (last year player option) Good scorer and horrible defender. He'll make Hedo look good playing defense.

Harrington has 3 years left 21mil.

3 protected draft picks???

How are we getting cap space? This team will suck for the next 4-5 years!

Please help me see the positive about this besides getting rid of Howard's drama and Duhon/J-Rich's contract who by the way are being replaced by Al and Afflalo

Are you on crack? Afflalo is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

• Upvote 1

The Raptors pick is only if it falls between 4-14. If it it between 1-3 and 15-30 it goes to the next year and so on until it is totally unprotected in 2017. More than likely the Raptors will hover in the 8-10 range this year so the pick is not as valuable as you think.

FWIW, Josh Robbins was on 740 AM this morning and said Houston's package was not as advertised. They were either giving up talent or taking back contracts; not both.

up until this off-season, Woj but man, he REALLY ran with some dumb shizz this year. I like Robbins, don't know about his connections, but he's STRAIGHT UP and will do his due diligence in getting stuff right.

From reading Woj's tweets, he said nothing about which picks were offered. I really doubt the Toronto pick was involved, he never mentioned which players were on the table too. If the deal was all that, the deal would've happened a long time ago.

Really the raptors are a lock to make the playoffs? Oh and even if they do it's still a protected lotto pick that would carry on till the next year and so on until their pick lands in the lotto and considering it's the raptors that won't take very long.

BTW on espn this is our picks...

Lakers in 2017, Nuggets in 2014, Sixers in 2015

Nothing is ever a lock, but they are going to be battling for it regardless. So with all the protections on that pick, it most likely will be a mid lottery pick regardless. Either way, from what we have learned through this whole process, whatever has been reported in the past is just BS. I am going to wait to hear the full trade, Harrington can be cut at the end of the year, just like Hedo. So their contracts will become more valuable going forward.

Am I saying this is a great trade... no. It was the best we could do under the circumstances of a Dbag who held the team hostage.

I don't think it would be very difficult for someone that knows what they are doing to create this graphic.

I just got back from 2013 and snapped this pic. its totally legit I promise!

atleast we have something to look forward too.

o6bhva.jpg

enjoy the drama LA!

I find it laughable if the picks come with protection. What next? Lakers keep their pick if it falls inside the top 30?

yeah, I'm waiting to see what the actual deal is. Some of this sounds like the usual deals the league forces to LA, some of it sounds like ESPN wishlisting. Better to just sit back and see what the real thing is before we start hurling spears.

Either way: no Duhon on the team is worth it.

Hey, anyone know if the entire team can just move to the D-League for a year or two? We'd finally win a championship!

From reading Woj's tweets, he said nothing about which picks were offered. I really doubt the Toronto pick was involved, he never mentioned which players were on the table too. If the deal was all that, the deal would've happened a long time ago.

He did say future lotto pick which basically means TOR pick and he also said future unprotected picks as well. Also Hollinger echoed same thing.