Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Why would LA and NY participate when they are two of the main beneficiaries of this practice?

If LA doesn't get him they'll hate on him, if Houston doesn't get him they'll hate on him - I think a number of people in NY are already hating on him

then you have NBA fans uninvolved who will hate on him - I hate Lebron and the Magic were not any part of that drama

there is some sarcasm on boycotting addidas, but if people did it that would be cool - major companies will drop star atheletes if their image gets tarnished - see Tiger Woods recent past

If LA doesn't get him they'll hate on him, if Houston doesn't get him they'll hate on him - I think a number of people in NY are already hating on him

then you have NBA fans uninvolved who will hate on him - I hate Lebron and the Magic were not any part of that drama

Sure, but why protest a system that benefits them greatly? Those are the markets that players like Dwight get pushed to by their shoe contracts in cases like this, wouldn't it be a bit foolish to protest the system because it didn't turn out in their favor this one time?

Dwight's still an ass.

Can you not find another way to express yourself? We get it, you're angry. Go make another t-shirt.

Marc Acres 3:16 is one of the angriest posters we have, yet he finds a way to be colorful - and less repetitive - with his rants.

Dropping in - what's the latest?

I just read through the Jacque Vaughn Nickname Thread and promptly lost control of my bowels. Now going back to bed for the week.

Orlando has received offers from the Lakers, Rockets, Atlanta, and Nets throughout July and August. The Lakers want to do a strait up trade with Bynum for Howard swap with added pieces going each way. Houston has had a set offer since early July, no details on whats involved but from what i'm told Houston has been firm on their offer. Morey apparently 'is not going to budge and give up flexibility that he would desperately need to keep Dwight happy in Houston'. He and the owner feel like they are fine going in either direction (with or without Dwight, still obviously preferring with). The Nets will be able to offer a similar offer that they were offering earlier, multiple 1st's, cap relief, and Brook Lopez at the deadline. I'm told Hennigan has always favored the Nets deal. The Magic know that dealing Dwight somewhere he doesn't want to be will cause damage in that other superstars or potential superstars have been watching this drama unfold. If Dwight's request is ignored and he is traded somewhere he doesn't want to be, players may be hesitant to play on the Magic knowing the organization wouldn't acknowledge their trade request. I'm told that if Houston upped it's offer 'by a very significant amount' then the Magic might budge and deal with the consequences but with Morey standing firm with his current offer, the Magic plan to go ahead and deal Dwight where he want's to be. While Hennigan see's Bynum as the more valuable asset over Lopez, LA can't give up the cap relief and picks that the Nets can and that the Magic want. He also is apparently is not worried about Bynum potentially leaving but instead very worried about future injuries. Hennigan plans on executing a Dwight to Brooklyn deal at the deadline as long as Brook Lopez stays healthy and performs well the throughout the first half of the season. Dwight will almost certainly be a Brooklyn Net at the trade deadline barring any unforeseen circumstances. (Rockets upping their offer significantly/Lopez getting severely injured.

Also if you were wondering why things have been so quiet, especially from Dwight's camp, it's because Hennigan called Dwight after their recent meeting and explained his intentions on trading him to Brooklyn at the deadline.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/inde...ost__p__710308

Am I the only one that's just DYING for the magic to make a roster move?! we have made 1 roster move this whole ofseason(not counting draft)! every other teams has made a lot of roster moves

• Upvote 1

Orlando has received offers from the Lakers, Rockets, Atlanta, and Nets throughout July and August. The Lakers want to do a strait up trade with Bynum for Howard swap with added pieces going each way. Houston has had a set offer since early July, no details on whats involved but from what i'm told Houston has been firm on their offer. Morey apparently 'is not going to budge and give up flexibility that he would desperately need to keep Dwight happy in Houston'. He and the owner feel like they are fine going in either direction (with or without Dwight, still obviously preferring with). The Nets will be able to offer a similar offer that they were offering earlier, multiple 1st's, cap relief, and Brook Lopez at the deadline. I'm told Hennigan has always favored the Nets deal. The Magic know that dealing Dwight somewhere he doesn't want to be will cause damage in that other superstars or potential superstars have been watching this drama unfold. If Dwight's request is ignored and he is traded somewhere he doesn't want to be, players may be hesitant to play on the Magic knowing the organization wouldn't acknowledge their trade request. I'm told that if Houston upped it's offer 'by a very significant amount' then the Magic might budge and deal with the consequences but with Morey standing firm with his current offer, the Magic plan to go ahead and deal Dwight where he want's to be. While Hennigan see's Bynum as the more valuable asset over Lopez, LA can't give up the cap relief and picks that the Nets can and that the Magic want. He also is apparently is not worried about Bynum potentially leaving but instead very worried about future injuries. Hennigan plans on executing a Dwight to Brooklyn deal at the deadline as long as Brook Lopez stays healthy and performs well the throughout the first half of the season. Dwight will almost certainly be a Brooklyn Net at the trade deadline barring any unforeseen circumstances. (Rockets upping their offer significantly/Lopez getting severely injured.

Also if you were wondering why things have been so quiet, especially from Dwight's camp, it's because Hennigan called Dwight after their recent meeting and explained his intentions on trading him to Brooklyn at the deadline.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/inde...ost__p__710308

This doesn't make much sense. Even if Houston's only willing to part with SOME of their youth/assets, it's a better deal than Lopez and his awful contract. Where are you getting this information? (I apologize if you mentioned this previously)

Soooooo....nothing. I'm going to go push out a *****. Lemme know if anything new crops up.

Hahahaaa - we're censoring f. e. g. a. n's name now? Awesome.