Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Inside info, quote me in February after the trade deadline:

Orlando has received offers from the Lakers, Rockets, Atlanta, and Nets throughout July and August. The Lakers want to do a strait up trade with Bynum for Howard swap with added pieces going each way. Houston has had a set offer since early July, no details on whats involved but from what i'm told Houston has been firm on their offer. Morey apparently 'is not going to budge and give up flexibility that he would desperately need to keep Dwight happy in Houston'. He and the owner feel like they are fine going in either direction (with or without Dwight, still obviously preferring with). The Nets will be able to offer a similar offer that they were offering earlier, multiple 1st's, cap relief, and Brook Lopez at the deadline. I'm told Hennigan has always favored the Nets deal. The Magic know that dealing Dwight somewhere he doesn't want to be will cause damage in that other superstars or potential superstars have been watching this drama unfold. If Dwight's request is ignored and he is traded somewhere he doesn't want to be, players may be hesitant to play on the Magic knowing the organization wouldn't acknowledge their trade request. I'm told that if Houston upped it's offer 'by a very significant amount' then the Magic might budge and deal with the consequences but with Morey standing firm with his current offer, the Magic plan to go ahead and deal Dwight where he want's to be. While Hennigan see's Bynum as the more valuable asset over Lopez, LA can't give up the cap relief and picks that the Nets can and that the Magic want. He also is apparently is not worried about Bynum potentially leaving but instead very worried about future injuries. Hennigan plans on executing a Dwight to Brooklyn deal at the deadline as long as Brook Lopez stays healthy and performs well the throughout the first half of the season. Dwight will almost certainly be a Brooklyn Net at the trade deadline barring any unforeseen circumstances. (Rockets upping their offer significantly/Lopez getting severely injured.

Also if you were wondering why things have been so quiet, especially from Dwight's camp, it's because Hennigan called Dwight after their recent meeting and explained his intentions on trading him to Brooklyn at the deadline.

I will come back and quote this myself in February.

I long for the day when the entire league will no longer be beholden to the top 5 players. Are we seriously even talking about making that horrible, horrible NJ trade on the off chance that it'll affect some OTHER superstar's decision to come here? Why are we even bothering to field a team then? Contract the league to BOS, LA, MIA, OKC, SA, and NYC. I've never seen so many people insist on a franchise destroying itself simply to appease a butt-wipe like Howard.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure that there isn't a player in the league that doesn't realize that Brokenfoot's contract is way too big for what he brings to the table and that Brooklyn traded away their best assets in the Atlanta trade and their best pick for Crash. Brooklyn no longer has the cap space to take back bad contracts and the contracts that they do have that they can trade are all over paid. If Hennigan wanted to deal with Brooklyn he could have done it before they re-signed Lopez to that horrible contract.

It's one thing to trade a player where he wants to go but it is not reality at the sacrifice of your franchise. Unless Lopez learns how to get 10 or more RBs a game his contract will be unmovable IMO.

I think we'll see Houston give us Martin, 2 rookies, and 2 1sts and take Dwight and either JRich or Duhon.

I will come back and quote myself later this month.

The Magic want to trade Howard to the Nets just so other superstars will want to come here and also be traded? Am I really reading that right? This has got to be one of the dumbest reasons ever to trade Howard.

The Magic want to trade Howard to the Nets just so other superstars will want to come here and also be traded? Am I really reading that right? This has got to be one of the dumbest reasons ever to trade Howard.

we could be proven wrong in the end but, to me also that sounds utterly ridiculous ... through his behavior, he's become the laughing stock of the league, including the players ... why would anyone think that they would unwarrantly be treated the same? what about the way he was treated during his first 7 years, for an example?

• Upvote 1

So...... He wants broken foot Lopez who played a total of how many games last year? but doesn't want Bynum even though he played how many games last year?

That is complete BS.

You're not gonna be famous like YaBoyRudolph. So just, don't.

In the meantime you guys will get to see Patty Mills when he faces the USA team. Also, look out for a guy Joe Ingles. Serious talent that the Magic should look at.

Just a random "going off at the type writer" well.. Not so random becuse there is already 778 pages of it already..

I have a big question.. Why do we know Dwight as "Super Man"?

Because he presented himself that way. He did the skit with the cape and followed it up the next year. He pretty much self titled him self that way and because of it when you go to a magic game you ass half Dwight Jerseys, half superman shirts..

Well with this said.. He's self titled him self with this fiasco he's pulled the last 8 months and as we all know and have said 778 pages worth of, Orlando won't forgive him past this. I know there is no chance the magic would even take a chance of bringing him into the Amway for training camp with more support of this him ditching the basketball camp after he delayed it. He delayed it hoping for a trade earlier to have his excuse and now he doesn't have one. He's a coward, that has the last name Howard, and will never be welcomed in Orlando. I hope he (unlike shaq) actually sells his house and doesn't plan on coming back.. Not even to Disney world even if he gets his ring somewhere else. This new stint ditching the kids was my last straw...

as I said before, not only he's proven not to be Superman, Clark Kent or Jimmy Olsen, he ain't even Lois Lane ...

Hey, I see the popcorn vendors every game. They are outstanding, perhaps the best in the league. Way better than the new Chicken Tender vendors. Every kernel of popcorn bursts with flavor. And the mixed caramel, cheese, and regular is to die for.

Clearly thay are much more valuable than Dwight. And they don't whine about their team mates, like the pizza guys down the hall. They just do their jobs whthout whining or demanding a better spot for their cart. They are team players, and will strongly support the team even if we suck.

Please do not even speak of trading the popcorn vendors. Dollar for dollar they are the best value in Magic Organization.

They........they have chicken tender vendors?????? It's been a few months since I've attended a game but when did this marvelous idea start?

:happypuppy:

If Henny wanted the nets deal he would have already taken it :chairshot:

Not to mention that Lopez now has a 15% trade kicker in his contract. Who in their right mind wants him on that contract?

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

• Upvote 1

Not to mention that Lopez now has a 15% trade kicker in his contract. Who in their right mind wants him on that contract?

No he doesn't. Is impossible for him to have a trade kicker as he's getting max contract numbers.