Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Someone is real jealous, the attacks on YBR are childish. he gives you guys another perspective and viewpoint and you guys get all into rage mode over it. it's stupid the insults are really unnecessary

And for the triple post: the post you quoted didn't have any personal insults....which renders your post completely unncessary. While we are discussing personal attacks however, you are hardly innocent on that front. Is asking you to follow your own advice too much?

What do you guys see Kevin Martin getting with his expiring deal? I think he has to be moved to a 3rd or 4th team seeing that we want Lamb and already have JJ and Liggins. There aren't many 5's that could be had outside of Al Jefferson which to me would be a nice big for us on a expiring deal

What do you guys see Kevin Martin getting with his expiring deal? I think he has to be moved to a 3rd or 4th team seeing that we want Lamb and already have JJ and Liggins. There aren't many 5's that could be had outside of Al Jefferson which to me would be a nice big for us on a expiring deal

If we manage to pull of a Houston trade for expiring contracts plus rooks/young talent, unload our own bad contracts and also manage to nab Jefferson, I'm buying a Hennigan jersey.

Screw it, let's fire everyone in the Magic organization in the hope it keeps Dwight happy!

I, for one, don't give a crap who Dwight wants regardless of job title. At this point, I wouldn't fire the popcorn vendors for him.

Hey, I see the popcorn vendors every game. They are outstanding, perhaps the best in the league. Way better than the new Chicken Tender vendors. Every kernel of popcorn bursts with flavor. And the mixed caramel, cheese, and regular is to die for.

Clearly thay are much more valuable than Dwight. And they don't whine about their team mates, like the pizza guys down the hall. They just do their jobs whthout whining or demanding a better spot for their cart. They are team players, and will strongly support the team even if we suck.

Please do not even speak of trading the popcorn vendors. Dollar for dollar they are the best value in Magic Organization.

Like I said its not just what he's saying, for weeks and months now everyones been convinced we were trading him by a certain date; draft night, end of the week, etc. You guys have to realize even Hennigan spoke out and said there's a possibility we'll keep him here, its not guranteed that they've wanted to move him before camp.

And Jareth you should know by now I really don't care what you think lol, I'm not here for you. If I'm "unbearable" skip past my post, its not like i post 16,000 times here

It looks like, to me, that they wanted to keep Dwight and they know that is not going to happen.

Now they want to move Dwight, but they have gotten garbage offers from LA and NY. We don't know if Houston was offering Henny everything he wanted or not - a lot of people in Houston think Morey may not be offering as much to get Dwight based on inferior offers.

It coudl be a situation of them not being in agreement yet.

They maybe giving time for Dwight to come around to opening up other possibilities - I think Henny and Morey aren't quite agreed yet and that is the delay.

Would Henny want to keep Dwight, sure he would, but it looks like there is too much damage. Would all fans want to keep Dwight if he did an about face - pretty much - would Dwight returning be the best way for him to restore his reputation - i think so - is Dwight coming back to Orlando - no.

I just think Henny and Morey are negotiating with each other still and it is being delayed. LA and NY have never made a legitimate offer.

LA giving up Bynum to the Magic plus more would be somewhat legitimate, but Cleveland being involved is a joke.

If the Magic got a good offer then I think Dwight is gone and I think they want to trade him. Orlando can't act too anxious to trade him - it hurts whatever leverage they might have - they want to move him though and I think Henny is wanting offers right now, but is being patient.

We'll see how much Houston wants him - they get him for a legitimate offer.

Here's my take- Hennigan has repeatedly said that whatever moves he does or doesn't take will be in the best interest of the Magic. As of this time no acceptable offer (in Hennigan's opinion) has been made for Dwight, meaning it is not in the best interest of the Magic to trade Dwight yet. Him saying there's a possibility Dwight stays this year and him going to visit him in LA is just him doing his job. (I might add, Dwight complains to you for forever that no one from the Magic comes to visit him just to check up on him, but as soon as Hennigan does this, he complains to you that the meeting accomplished nothing. :pokewithstick: ) Also, Rob is not Otis "I like this team" Smith, he's not going to let the public or the media know directly what's going on behind the scenes. He is taking a day-by-day approach, letting the events play out in due time. Truthfully none of us actually know how the Dwight situation will resolve so just sit back and enjoy the ride, and (dare i say it?) strap in! B)

I agree - Hennigan is keeping Dwight informed telling him that he is talking to the Lakers and will consider their offers, but they are offering Varajeao and that is not in the best interest of the team. If LA can make a good offer he'll seriously look at moving Dwight to LA, but in the best interst of the team he has to consider other offers, especially with with what LA has offered so far.

I don't know if Henny goes so far as to tell Dwight what he is looking for - I think he would probably keep it more high level - that he is operating in the best interest of the Orlando magic. He could possibly say to Dwight that Dwight staying in Orlando would be the best option for the Magic, but knowing that Dwight wants out he has to look at the best scenario for the team.

So, I think he lets Dwight know that he is considering all offers, but if a good one doesn't come along then they'll keep Dwight until a good offer is available and that the timing is just being dictated by the offers / circumstances.

I'm sure Henny says that he could still possibly go to LA, but he hasn't heard a strong offer from LA yet.

Everyone wants something for nothing but it almost never works that way. If your stating that Cleveland is offering basically nothing for Bynum, I would be very interested in evidence to support this claim. I'm sure you wouldn't be making bold statements such as this unless you had evidence to support it, correct?

Can't support the conclusion until you verify the premise.

what is Cleveland offering - it has been reported Varajeo and a first round pick

Did they make a trade with LA for Kobe that will send Kobe to Orlando? Did I miss that - not that we want Kobe - not at his age, but what did we all miss that you obviously know about?

Cleveland isn't offering sh*t - get it? You are so delusional - Cleveland won't be involved in any trade with the Magic.

I am sure LA brass know that and will try to work with another team - I know they tried with Houston, but Houston won't facilitate - they want Howard themselves.

THIS. I am so sick of reading posts that have said they will drop the magic if *insert bad trade here* happens. Would it suck to get lopez? ABSOLUTELY. But the fact of the matter is I love my city and team, so I'm gonna ride or die regardless of who suits up. I think the dwight era has spoiled many fans, winning is what we aim for, but it is not a right. If you jump ship and ***** about not supporting a loser, then you are a fairweather fan who probably posts "ZOMG MAGIC" updates to facebook with the masses every time a crucial game is on. #TeamRideOrDied :happypuppy:

Considering my handle, it should be obvious that I love the hell out of this post.

I don't know about you guys but, the thing I hate about potential Houston trades is how many forwards they wanna stack on us. I mean we already have ORich,Turk,Davis,Nicholson,Ayon,Harper,Clark,O'Quin(more of a power forward). Dwight is honestly are only true center and they are most likely gonna give us 2 of the following in any trade: Morris,Jones,White,Patterson,D-Mo(all forwards). Which bugs me. Another thing is(assuming we get lamb and martin), were gonna have to move Lamb,Martin, or Redick to the 3 spot if all of them are gonna get playing time. Which means Turkoglu might have to move to the 4.

So we bring a slew of PFs into camp and see who can play in whatever system JAVA has for us, play the best, and start working on trades fro the rest of them.

I'm not concerned at all. I just wanna see Harper,Liggins<3,Clark,Nicholson get some playing time.

Harper was looking decent in summer league I'm looking to see how he'll do too I think that if he focuses more on the 3 he will be better he could possibly turn into a good starter 1 day

So we bring a slew of PFs into camp and see who can play in whatever system JAVA has for us, play the best, and start working on trades fro the rest of them.

Are we calling him Java now? I didn't get the memo.