Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

He hasnt come out to deny any rumor whether theyre true or false. Rob knows what Dwight's thinking. He meant to opt in but he was upset about the Magic not standing up for him after what Stan said back in April

I never asked you to believe me, whoever you are

Um... the Magic did deny what Stan said.

Dwight Howard did not ask Magic general manager Otis Smith to fire coach Stan Van Gundy, Smith told ESPN's Lisa Salters on Saturday before the Magic's 88-82 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.

LINK

Like Big Baby?

Just like a big baby throwing tantrums but we need that big baby if we want a chance to win a championship. Nesides Howard is right in a way, our roster isnt that good. Decent role players but we just need better players.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Rob even acquired ONE of the players on his wishlist it probably would be enough to convince him to stay. Theres not much Rob can 'say' that could convince him but theres things he can 'do' that can

I'd buy that, actually. And I've said this a few times: I still think the best situation for the Magic AND Dwight is if he sticks around. We went through this with Shaq (granted, when he was a free agent and not a year before), and boy - the Magic sure showed Shaq who was boss!

So....yeah: the Magic don't come out winners in this situation and Dwight probably does.

The problem is that the Magic can't really do anything this offseason with the contracts they have. The only way we move any of the garbage contracts is if they're part of the Dwight Deal. And even if some team wanted to take a risk on JRich, etc, there's no way that player nets us one of the (semi-) Allstars on Dwight's list.

Next summer, we have a shot. This summer? It's just not possible.

So Dwight wants action? Well...I want to live on Mars: it's just not feasible right now.

The other problem is that there is a LOT of noise out there (obviously), but surprisingly little publicly from Dwight. The only thing we've heard, very consistently, from Dwight is: "My position hasn't changed." Meaning "I want to be traded to Brooklyn [for some reason, even though they don't have the salary cap to afford me and I'd have to jack the Magic organization over for YEARS for them to pull the trigger on that trade]."

I want to hear something from Dwight's own mouth. But right now? As a fan of this team? I'm just worn out. Dwight wants out, that's fine: the Magic have sucked, and sucked hard, as a team for the majority of their existence - I've been loyal through all of that. I'll be loyal through this one, too.

• Upvote 1

He knows that and its why he's asked for help. You think he's just blaming every other player for the reason why they didnt win in 2009? Of course he blames himself, but look at the rest of the guys he's had on the roster the last 2 years, do you really think a healthy Magic team beats Oklahoma City in June or Dallas last June??

And you talk about immaturity but LeBron, Wade, and Kobe all bark at referees all the time and they all have rings so....

That's the point, Dwight seems to act like he has never had the chance to win one, which would be false.

Dwight is not entitled to go to the finals, no one is. It takes a team effort to win and only team effort alone.

Dwight had a chance, the team had a chance, and they failed.

Granted the roster sucked and it wasn't even that good in 2009. But they made it work night in and night out, Dwight played his role (Rebound/Defend) like everyone else did. No one gave us a chance, specially after the 76ers round. But the team held together, Turk made a game winner, we advanced.

Building a NBA team is very different than building a Charity team of friends.

As far as the maturity of Wade and James and Kobe.... Guess what the fact that Howard has "ALWAYS" had a beef with the refs might be a root cause to his ref issue. Besides these named guys are Champions and Wing Players, Dwight isn't.

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

The Bulls have officially declined to not match the Rockets offer to Omer Asik. Asik will now join Jeremy Lin as a member of the Rockets.

If Rob even acquired ONE of the players on his wishlist it probably would be enough to convince him to stay. Theres not much Rob can 'say' that could convince him but theres things he can 'do' that can

It would be ludicrous to base personnel decisions solely on the whims of your star player. Just because Dwight "likes" a certain player or players does not mean those players are a good fit for the team. Dwight may like Monta Ellis, but Ellis is strictly a high-volume chucker. Two months in, Dwight would be frustrated playing with Ellis and then what? We trade him for the next player Dwight "likes?" Unless Dwight tells Hennigan that he wants to play with Chris Paul, he should just stick to playing and let the actual GM make personnel decisions.

• Upvote 1