Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

This is not the year to tank. 2014 Wiggins Parker or bust.

True. 13 draft is weak. 14 is going to be great. A lot of good point guards supposedly.

by going to LA and talking to Howard - I think it is a good move - I don't know if they can convince Howard, but coming back to Orlando would be the best way to restore his image - he leaves he will be hated by many, but staying in Orlando people would understand that.

the other thing is that Houston, IMO, really needs Howard for the whole season if they are going to convince him to stay after the year. If Houston picks him up during the season then I think there chances of keeping Dwight drop considerably. I think there is a greater chance that Dwight could walk to the Lakers. I think that if Dwight starts the season in Houston that there is a better chance he stays there.

Henny is just trying to explore all his options.

And, because of Dwight demanding a trade - no teams are offering the same value and Henny wants similar value. I agree with him - give us the value or we walk. Houston - picked up Lamb, Jones and White - 3 mid-first round picks - for a Superstar in Howard those picks and the two future picks and taking JRich and at least one other players is not too high - JRich can still play.

Dwight cannot sign with the Lakers. His options after the season for "large market" are Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta. That is it. Are those places really worth forfeiting 25 million dollars in salary.

Dwight cannot sign with the Lakers. His options after the season for "large market" are Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta. That is it. Are those places really worth forfeiting 25 million dollars in salary.

Other teams could make some trades to get their payroll down. Those are his only options it would seem, but a lot can happen in a year. Did anyone think Miami would be able to sign LeBron, Bosh and Wade a year before it went down?

I don't want Dwight back because he will start to the "trade me to the Nets crap" again at the first sign of trouble.

However Henny trying to convince Dwight to recommit certainly does not hurt his trade value and can possibly get the Rockets or Lakers to put their best final offer on the table.

It's all good, honey :)

not my thing, Bro, but if it suits you ... whatever gets you through the nite, dude ... I mean, once you close your doors, what you do in the privacy of your home is no business of mine LMAO

• Downvote 3

Other teams could make some trades to get their payroll down. Those are his only options it would seem, but a lot can happen in a year. Did anyone think Miami would be able to sign LeBron, Bosh and Wade a year before it went down?

Who are Brooklyn and LA going to trade to get their payrolls down. Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, etc, etc, etc. The Heat were tanking for 2010 like 2 years prior.

Who are Brooklyn and LA going to trade to get their payrolls down. Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, etc, etc, etc. The Heat were tanking for 2010 like 2 years prior.

I didn't say Brooklyn or LA could, I was saying it would be possible for another team besides the Hawks, Rockets, Mavs to get their payroll down far enough to sign him.

• Downvote 1

I didn't say Brooklyn or LA could, I was saying it would be possible for another team besides the Hawks, Rockets, Mavs to get their payroll down far enough to sign him.

Name them.