Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Dwight, he is being a diva and crying over silly crap like what kind of airplane he will be flyed to LA with and whether or not the team calls him. This is all after a year where Dwight hosed the entire organization and put us through a ton of drama and requested a trade.

• Upvote 1

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Dwight, he is being a diva and crying over silly crap like what kind of airplane he will be flyed to LA with and whether or not the team calls him. This is all after a year where Dwight hosed the entire organization and put us through a ton of drama and requested a trade.

He expects us to treat him like royalty AFTER he requests a trade. And this is after he opted in too.

How many players care about the organization? How many players say "you know what, 17 million a year is just way too much" How about you pay me 8 million so you can make more money"

The NBA is a damn business and owners are supposed to make money. The issue here is that the magic didn't pretend to "care" about Howard and made him feel "special" even though he's been making millions.

FWIW, Micky Arrison lost money this year and they won the title. Different owners look at the league in different ways. Some look to get every penny (Sterling), some look at it as business on the side (probably where RDV falls), and others are legitimate fans and just want a good team (Cuban, Arrison).

• Downvote 2

My next question would be: how many of us actually believe what Duhwight is saying anyways? Dude's proven to lie before "I totally wasn't trying to get SVG fired. But I was trying to get him fired."

I sincerely doubt that people from the Magic failed to contact him this entire time. It may not be the whole "hand-holding, long walks on the beach at night, staying up laughing and sharing stories until the sun comes up" experience he thinks he should get, but a phone call or two is better than nothing. Especially when the team is REALLY busy replacing GMs, HCs, and other Magic people solely because of what Duhwight did (if you believe the rumors that he was the driving force behind the trades made last mid-season).

Don't be surprised if Dwight told the person to leak those DM's to screw Henny's leverage in possible trade negotiations with teams like Houston who might have had to gut their roster earlier, but may not need to now.

If those are real, Orlando's leverage is S-C-R-E-W-E-D.

Better hope Morey or Kupchack or Ferry don't see these.

My next question would be: how many of us actually believe what Duhwight is saying anyways? Dude's proven to lie before "I totally wasn't trying to get SVG fired. But I was trying to get him fired."

I sincerely doubt that people from the Magic failed to contact him this entire time. It may not be the whole "hand-holding, long walks on the beach at night, staying up laughing and sharing stories until the sun comes up" experience he thinks he should get, but a phone call or two is better than nothing. Especially when the team is REALLY busy replacing GMs, HCs, and other Magic people solely because of what Duhwight did (if you believe the rumors that he was the driving force behind the trades made last mid-season).

Stan had more to do with those trades than Dwight did.

FWIW, Micky Arrison lost money this year and they won the title. Different owners look at the league in different ways. Some look to get every penny (Sterling), some look at it as business on the side (probably where RDV falls), and others are legitimate fans and just want a good team (Cuban, Arrison).

We were paying luxury tax out the ass trying to win a title the past few years, RDV pretty much greenlit Otis to do whatever it took to win, and yet he is just in it for the money? He isn't Cuban, no, but he has shown he is willing to spend to win a title. This is a BS claim and knock on RDV.

The DeVos family has lost money before too. Heck their biggest mistake was giving Otis an open checkbook. They obviously care about winning or they would not have tried to convince Dwight to stay.

They also hired Hennigan which I give them a lot of credit for. The coach appears to be an outside of the box hire as well. The DeVos family is not the problem. Their management has been the problem and it appears they are finally cleaning it up. Give it some time.

• Upvote 2