Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Brooklyn has been connected to Dan HWNSNBU since they announced the teams move. You can look up my thread and everything is linked that is available. Honestly, Nets HWNSNBU should not be allowed to have clients if he is going to be linked to a particular team.

It does seem like a pretty serious breach. I mean, some agents have handshake deals with certain teams, but they never forget who's paying their salaries: they do what's best for their client. It doesn't seem like HWNSNBU's doing that.

Not sure why Dwight's sticking with him unless he's phenomenally impressionable or breathtakingly stupid. Or, most likely, HWNSNBU is doing exactly what Dwight wants him to....

You speak as though Orlando has to move Dwight. The team is under no obligation to trade Dwight. He is under contract for this upcoming season.

I just saw a report on ESPN on the ticker that Dwight Howard "rejected" Orlando's request for him to reconsider his stance, and give the new coaching staff a chance.

I find that report funny - Dwight Howard as no power. He is under contract. Orlando holds all the cards. If they don't trade him, then he has to play for Orlando.

There's this fear around losing a star player for nothing, but it's really overblown. I'd rather "lose Dwight for nothing", and have one last run with one of the league's best players, and get nearly $20 million in cap space at the end of the year, than to trade him for a bunch of scrubs that won't do anything for us.

Also - it spites Dwight to force him to play in Orlando for another year.

You miss the point. The rumored Houston deal would result in the Magic getting the same cap space for Dwight as if they let him walk at the end of the season (of course, I'm still not clear on the whole BYC aspects of the CBA, so I may be off by saying it's exactly the same net out). The difference is that in addition to eliminating Dwight's contract value, the Magic would also gain more cap space by dumping the bad contracts of others such as J Rich and/or Duhon. On top of that, the Magic might also acquire the inexpensive contracts of 1 or more of Houston's rookies from this year. Finally, Orlando would also receive draft picks.

So, theoretically, the Magic would end up with more cap space than if they held on to Dwight, plus the extra benefits listed.

Obviously, this is all rumored. But, if true, I'd take this scenario over 1 year with a disgruntled Dwight in a Magic uniform as a lame duck destroying team morale and playing half @ss at best.

I'm not going to look into this. I'm tired of getting strapped in for nothing. :svgsad:

And I get that, from a rebuild perspective, the Rockets' deal makes the most sense, but...

I don't know, it's really hard to get excited for a season where we're clearly going all-out to suck as totally as possible. I mean, yeah: long-term it's probably better for the team, but I probably won't be watching nearly as many games next year as I would be if we actually had someone out there who could play (Dwight or Bynum).

This has to signal a deal is coming. Scola is a very solid player and only making 7 mil a year. You don't dump a guy like him unless you have a deal in place.

I'm not going to look into this. I'm tired of getting strapped in for nothing. :svgsad:

So you are saying that you been strapped in?

Please strap in. This is serious

• Upvote 8