Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

While I applaud Hennigan for refusing to take on a Brook Lopez $61 million contract and not accepting the "best that Brooklyn had to offer" (which was crap), I believe the offers for Dwight will likely not get much (if at all) better than they might be before the season starts. Based on the reports in the media (and, of course, that's all we fans can go on) Houston is the team that can offer the Magic the most in terms of cap space and draft picks without a star player going to Orlando in return that can be built around. Based on Dwight's reported refusal to commit to an extension with any team other than Brooklyn, Houston knows they would be gambling at trying to convince Dwight to stay with them. Once the season starts, each day that goes by would give Houston that much less time to have Dwight on their team and lessens the chances that he might be persuaded to stay with them.

There comes a time in negotiations when you have to pull the trigger on a deal you can live with and not worry about a potentially better deal that you might get by waiting longer. If Hennigan waits too long, the offers may get worse. If Houston would, in fact, take on the albatross contracts of J Rich and/or Duhon, and send us back expiring Kevin Martin, the Toronto pick and maybe another 1st rounder, along with 1 or more of their young guys, that's a pretty good outcome for the Magic and Henny should probably pull the trigger rather than hold out hope that maybe something better might come down the road. High stakes poker.

I dont know if this is off topic but if the option of Dwight to the clippers was still remotely possible.. well we can put that to rest.

It appears as Blake Griffin tore his ACL in practice... Ouch no more Mr. Highlight.

I dont know if this is off topic but if the option of Dwight to the clippers was still remotely possible.. well we can put that to rest.

It appears as Blake Griffin tore his ACL in practice... Ouch no more Mr. Highlight.

Had he already signed the extension?

I forget Dwight isn't a grown man and can't make decisions on his own. Oh right, and that HWNSNBU put a mumbo jumbo voodoo curse on him as well preventing him from firing him or speaking for himself.

I don't care what details we know and don't know. If Dwight wanted to stay, or set the record straight, he could have.

Enough of trying to justify or figure this out. Dwight wanted Brooklyn with his boy and it didn't work. Now he can sulk hopefully in Houston and do whatever he wants after.

• Upvote 3

I forget Dwight isn't a grown man and can't make decisions on his own. Oh right, and that HWNSNBU put a mumbo jumbo voodoo curse on him as well preventing him from firing him or speaking for himself.

I don't care what details we know and don't know. If Dwight wanted to stay, or set the record straight, he could have.

Enough of trying to justify or figure this out. Dwight wanted Brooklyn with his boy and it didn't work. Now he can sulk hopefully in Houston and do whatever he wants after.

What kind of curse? I resemble that remark, sir.