Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Thing that's so funny is that out of the 3 teams, the Lakers are putting the biggest risk if this trade goes through.

i don't really get why the Lakers would take a risk in getting Dwight?

The Lakers will be basically in our shoes next summer when Dwight wants to bolt LA and into another team. But the Lakers will be in a heavier disadvantage than us because Dwight will be a legitimate Free Agent and if he can't force LA to sign and trade him to Brooklyn next summer, he'll just walk and sign with a team like Atlanta, Dallas that actually have the cap to sign him.

Sure Dwight would be leaving an extra year and incentives by losing his Bird Rights, but that's still a giant risk by the Lakers.

Since we're clearly in rebuild mode now, I think that us getting some top to mid picks, and Houston getting one of the best centers maybe the big winners here if this goes through.

I like either the deal with Houston or three team with the Lakers. I personally am not high on Bynum I just don't trust that mans knees and I don't want another grant Hill. I mean every time he runs up the court it looks like his knee is about to buckle.

I like Houston's picks and some of their young guys, Parsons and Lamb.

If this draft is any indication (O'Quinn at 49), Good Job Rob is as advertised with finding talent in the draft.

I feel like us Magic fans don't value the draft enough because were so used to butchering the picks we do have. It's a new regime guys we can own drafts now, thus making Houston very enticing.

You should live up here my god! Last ten years you wouldn't even know they had any fans now in the last two weeks they are everywhere. The worst is how they talk up Lopez. I think they feel if they say he's great enough maybe someone will believe it. I hope he goes any place but BK.

if Brook ends up a Net at the end of this whole thing, I'm going to troll their boards and constantly talk about how awesome he is throughout the season.

if Brook ends up a Net at the end of this whole thing, I'm going to troll their boards and constantly talk about how awesome he is throughout the season.

I just want to see Dwight NOT traded to Brooklyn so I can harrass Jarrod Rudolph's twitter for all his "90% Dwight will be in Brooklyn" tweets he's been spewing all week.

:happypuppy:

All these okc 2.0 comments, where are we getting our Kevin durant from? Until then we could only strive to be the Denver nuggets.

Much better than the NJ Nets...

Thing that's so funny is that out of the 3 teams, the Lakers are putting the biggest risk if this trade goes through.

i don't really get why the Lakers would take a risk in getting Dwight?

The Lakers will be basically in our shoes next summer when Dwight wants to bolt LA and into another team. But the Lakers will be in a heavier disadvantage than us because Dwight will be a legitimate Free Agent and if he can't force LA to sign and trade him to Brooklyn next summer, he'll just walk and sign with a team like Atlanta, Dallas that actually have the cap to sign him.

Sure Dwight would be leaving an extra year and incentives by losing his Bird Rights, but that's still a giant risk by the Lakers.

Since we're clearly in rebuild mode now, I think that us getting some top to mid picks, and Houston getting one of the best centers maybe the big winners here if this goes through.

If we make a trade with Houston for Howard, they would be the ones taking the biggest risk here. They have no draft picks, no good players and Howard may just walk away while we get to keep all of their picks. Don't understand why they want Howard so bad

If this draft is any indication (O'Quinn at 49), Good Job Rob is as advertised with finding talent in the draft.

I feel like us Magic fans don't value the draft enough because were so used to butchering the picks we do have. It's a new regime guys we can own drafts now, thus making Houston very enticing.

I was thinking the same thing. It may just be me but it seems like Henny has already picked better talent in this draft than Otis has in years.

Stupid question I don't feel like sifting through the Q&A thread for: When we're talking about protected picks, is that protected from our perspective or theirs? Meaning if a pick is Top 5 protected, does that mean it stays with the team that traded it if it's Top 5, or does it stay with us?

Stupid question I don't feel like sifting through the Q&A thread for: When we're talking about protected picks, is that protected from our perspective or theirs? Meaning if a pick is Top 5 protected, does that mean it stays with the team that traded it if it's Top 5, or does it stay with us?

Stays with the team that traded it.