Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Stay Scenarios

As I see no miracle trades down the road,

1. Get a Head Coach and a GM that he likes playing for, and other superstars like too (ie, not Sloan).

2. Get him involved 24/7/365, get him Kobe treatment, throw money at his foundation, buy his momma a gift

3a. Get him to buy into an alternative reality where we're all classy people around here and if you don't like how things are in 2-3 years, ask for a trade and we'll move you

3b. Get an extension

4. Clear cap for the Free Agency that you are committed to and prepared for.

#1 through #3 = wipe his @ss.

I agree that I see no miracle trades this off season. Maybe Nash, but that would mean the end of Nelson for sure. Problem with that is Nash has maybe two good years left? Then what. I honestly think simply finding some way to get rid of Duhon and or Turk or J Rich would be addition by subtraction, even if we get someone with a specialty, say D or three 3 ball. I think Rich has the best chance of getting moved maybe for a decent backup PG, then park Duhon at the end of the bench if we cannot get rid of him.

#1 through #3 = wipe his @ss.

I agree that I see no miracle trades this off season. Maybe Nash, but that would mean the end of Nelson for sure. Problem with that is Nash has maybe two good years left? Then what. I honestly think simply finding some way to get rid of Duhon and or Turk or J Rich would be addition by subtraction, even if we get someone with a specialty, say D or three 3 ball. I think Rich has the best chance of getting moved maybe for a decent backup PG, then park Duhon at the end of the bench if we cannot get rid of him.

Why not just buy him out? I remember a few months back, there was a discussion about us only paying him about 1.5 or so off the salary cap. Do you know anything about this?

Why not just buy him out? I remember a few months back, there was a discussion about us only paying him about 1.5 or so off the salary cap. Do you know anything about this?

I think he has 2 years left on his contract though. If they cannot trade him (which seems unlikely unless Otis somehow lands another GM gig), pay him to sit at the end of the bench. At least in practice, he could be used as a punching bag!

I think he has 2 years left on his contract though. If they cannot trade him (which seems unlikely unless Otis somehow lands another GM gig), pay him to sit at the end of the bench. At least in practice, he could be used as a punching bag!

hedo gets 11.4mil this season & has a 12.2mil player option in

thats what i just read anyway.

does anybody know for sure what it is?

Not positive, but that sounds about right. I know we have a lot of salary wrapped up in unproductive (Duhon) or declining (Hedo, JRich) players. If we can even get rid of one, or in Duhon's case get a passable backup so we don't have to play him again (EVER), I'll call it a successful offseason.

I think AI would be worth at least bringing into camp on a non guaranteed to see what he has.

I read somewhere that Hedo agreed to change his contract to a partial guaranteed in the last year in order to get out of Toronto.

I think AI would be worth at least bringing into camp on a non guaranteed to see what he has.

you can't be serious

It doesn't cost anything to look. There ARE players that are older that can still make an impact off the bench- see TMac

If Iverson has any game left in him he has to at least be a little better than Duhon, yes?

Trade the Magic Scab 5: The unit that will leave the franchise with long healing wounds.

Nelson $8mil

Duhon $4mil

J Rich $6mil

Anderson$6-$8 mil new deal

Turk $12mill

That opens up about $37 million. Either go out and get some talent or prorate that money to ticket price reductions.

Get me

Kendall Marshall

James Harden

Gay

KG

Dwight

Get me Redick, Baby, Captn Jack, C Lee, Ariza, Kidd, back up center coming off the bench.