Sign in to follow this  
three3d

Who is more hated Heat or Celtics ?

I can't stand the Thunder. The Spurs are the only team left that I don't mind.

• Upvote 1

Like most other posts, I want nothing more than to see the Heat fail miserably. I'm openly cheering for Boston because I don't want Lebron to ever win a ring. Plus the Celtics will get smashed by a younger and healthier Thunder team anyway.

I still think back to the 2010 eastern conference finals when Boston became the team I hated the most, but that preseason celebration Miami did ("once the games start its gon be easy") makes every one of their losses enjoyable.

Im rooting for the Spurs over OKC because I can't stand OKC but I definitely want a west team to win it all this year.

In order of most hatedness:

Lebron

Satan

Sirhan Sirhan

The Bad Sergeant on Platoon

Count Chockula

Dead Hitler

Michigan

I like the Heat fine except for Lebron.

I love the heart of the Celtics. We could learn a lot about how they approach the game.

I easily hate the Heat more. I have a healthy respect for a lot of the Celtics players, as much as I hate them. I watched Rondo a ton in college (my brother-in-law is a big Kentucky fan), and I loved the intensity that he played with even after he would get pulled for scoring on more than one play in a row (seriously, is Tubby Smith the worlds worst basketball coach? Ever?). In the NBA, I haven't seen anyone that in control of an offense since John Stockton. Nash and Kidd dominate/d the ball until they find/found a pass; Rondo takes what the defense gives him, and initiates a whole team system on offense. I love that kind of game. Pierce, another guy I loved in college, is basically the most clutch player since Jordan (F*** Kobe, his clutch tendencies are overrated). My only issue with Pierce is that he gets EVERY call, even against Lebron James. He fouled out a superstar who averaged less than two fouls a game over the season. Now maybe that's his tenacity; but I'm inclined to just call it ref bias. Garnett, well, I never really liked Garnett or disliked him, until he got to Boston, and then I hated him and feared and respected him. I might not hate him so much if the refs would ever call him for a tech, but I can't deny the guy is a monster. Even at 35. I might be the only one who really hates Ray Allen (maybe I just hate that every time he scores we have to see his mom). I just feel like he's basically J.J. Redick with a green light to shoot more, while people act like he's a true superstar. To me, he was never more than a great piece for a great team to have. He's like Rip Hamilton with more range on his jumper, but without a post-up game. All-in-all I still hate the Celtics. They get all the calls, they get disproportionate media attention, and they are allowed to complain incessantly about the rare calls they don't get without ever getting called for techs. Plus they have the most annoying fans of any city.

Now as for the Miami Heat: they have Lebron James. That adds to my hatred tenfold. It's sad, because before The Decision I was starting to not hate him so much, but everything he's done since has been on a Kim Jong Il level of hubris. He's so insanely arrogant it's sad. I mean, Jordan is arrogant on that level (albeit with a lot more class), but Jordan won 6 rings in eight years, and in my opinion (and just about everyone else agrees) he was the greatest winner the game has ever seen. He had some reason to be arrogant other than that he could pile up numbers. He had jewelry he didn't have to buy. Wade is a Diva. He's a winner, and a basketball warrior, but he's a Diva too. He complains when he isn't given superstar bad calls, he flops, he over-celebrates, he plays the victim in the media. He's a Diva. He expects and demands special treatment above the 'common' player. Honestly, the only problem I have with Bosh is that he's a little soft for a big (though how many 4's aren't these days). He's a pretty good player who was a little overrated coming into Miami and is a little underrated now. I don't so much mind Chalmers. He plays hard, and he's a solid player (though he's not a true point guard). I am a Gator fan myself, so I have a long-standing love for Miller and Haslem. But they also have Shane Battier. That man is the biggest piece of Sh** on that team. Mostly, I hate the Heat for the same reasons everyone else does. They're a team whose culture is pretentious and annoying.

Don't forget the incredible number of moving screens that Garnett sets, and how flabbergasted he gets when 1% of them actually get called. I can't stand either of these teams, but I am so sick of Boston being in the finals. As another question to tag into this thread, will the refs allow Boston to lose in the finals, even if the Thunder totally outplay them?

I want Miami to advance because I'd LOVE to see OKC vs Miami as a basketball fan, OKC winning of course.

And I hate Paul Pierce.

I love Rondo and even though KG's a punk I like him as a player

What the heck? How can anyone not from Seattle hate the Thunder? This is foreign to me.

They're helped by the refs quite often but you can't dislike Harden, he's just too cool, and Durant makes it look easy with that smooth jumper. Ibaka is also a great shot blocker