Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Trade Scenarios

What a stupid trade, is Cousins the one who is a headcase? if so, I do not want him

D12 is a headcase :-) Cousins is a young center with a lot potential.

D12 is a headcase :-) Cousins is a young center with a lot potential.

D12 has too many people telling him what he should do, Cousins only has himself telling him what to do (unless you count the other voices in his head).

Even if Howard is a headcase, he has live up to his potential and now just needs to work on a few thing and mature some more.

Cousins is a young center with a lot of potential problems, so no thanks.

I wish some of the people that put other people's trade ideas down, pick them apart, and insult the poster, would submit some trades of their own so we can all get a better idea of what a good realistic trade looks like.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I wish some of the people that put other people's trade ideas down, pick them apart, and insult the poster, would submit some trades of their own so we can all get a better idea of what a good realistic trade looks like.

But that's not as easy as insulting someone

I wish some of the people that put other people's trade ideas down... would submit some trades of their own so we can all get a better idea of what a good realistic trade looks like.

+1. I think that's a fair ask.

• Upvote 1

The best trade is......

wait for it.......

wait for it.......

wait for it.........

NO TRADE

Yes, we shouldn't trade Dwight for other teams' crap (unless it is something crazy that would never happen like both NOH picks+Gordon+free popeyes chicken for every block Dwight gets against us [which would be like, 100]).

Perfect example of this crazy idea in action, is the Cleveland cavaliers. They let Bron walk for essentially nothing (a big TPE and 2 undetermined 1st+2nd round picks). Sucked for a year and got a franchise PG. And now are in position to get more talented young players. But they could only do that by not trading everything away.

The best trade is......

NO TRADE

Yes, we shouldn't trade Dwight for other teams' crap (unless it is something crazy that would never happen like both NOH picks+Gordon+free popeyes chicken for every block Dwight gets against us [which would be like, 100]).

Perfect example of this crazy idea in action, is the Cleveland cavaliers. They let Bron walk for essentially nothing (a big TPE and 2 undetermined 1st+2nd round picks). Sucked for a year and got a franchise PG. And now are in position to get more talented young players. But they could only do that by not trading everything away.

LeBron WAS everything they had to trade away. Had they seen this coming (like we do) do you think they could have received a great PG and a couple of picks for him?

Maybe that's really just an indication that playing GM is harder than criticizing the moves that real GMs end up making. Since you don't know what deals have or have not actually been discussed in the past, you don't know what the options are. You don't know for certain what other teams would accept or want or whether they just want to take advantage of the difficult position the Magic are in.

Be honest....it's rare that a trade benefits both parties. Usually, one of the teams gets screwed. You don't want to get screwed if you HAVE to trade one of the best players in the league. Bottom line, you don't want to trade one of the best players in the league. Until you have no other options, you really shouldn't want to think about it as a fan.

There's a lot of teams out there that I'm sure are licking their chops, just hoping the Magic will give up any good players they do have to them to make their teams better. Some of you think it's too hard to fight to keep the good players the Magic might have an opportunity of keeping.

I think one of the problems here is there are a lot of different interests among the fans. If you're in Orlando, a ticket holder, you want a decent team. Tickets are expensive. You don't want to throw away money to watch crap.

If you live someplace else -- which it appears a lot of people on this board do -- it's not costing you a thing if the team sucks for a few years. You can just watch some other team until the Magic get good again. And you really focus on the teams that have found success by choosing this route. You don't think about the teams who have tried it and haven't been able to get players to come play for them and haven't ended up with a No. 1 pick. It has worked for the Magic before; that doesn't necessarily mean it will work the next time.

Some of you actually like playing GM more than you enjoy actually watching the games. You can always find something to criticize about the guys on your team. Therefore, there is always a player on some other team who is more attractive than the players on your team. You want to burn down the roster and start over like every other year.

Then there are those of you who think draft picks who have absolutely no history in the league are better than 90 percent of the players currently in the NBA and will solve all your team's problems.

Then there are the trolls, who are trying to talk the rest of you into making a stupid trade to make their team better.

You're right. I haven't proposed any trades. And I don't like any of the ones I have heard either. I'm not trying to be critical. I'm just being honest. I don't like any of the ones I have heard.

No need to get philosophical. I remember you wanted to NOT trade Dwight and rebuild in that manner if Dwight refused to extend or re-sign. However, I can't recall you responding to Martin's quotes of the past month of potentially moving Dwight if he doesn't extend. You played GM once; play GM twice, Miyagi son!