Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Magic waive Von Wafer

I understand it's the offseason. I'm just surprised that with everything going on with this franchise and that we, as fans, are probably looking at a very long time of suck ahead, seeing people getting upset that we waived Von Wafer as though now..NOW we're not going to win the championship, is confusing to say the least.

But he was our best slasher! How are the Magic ever going to recover?

But I believe that Wafer asked to leave so he could play more minutes during his prime. We'd have no reason to waive him before a GM came, it's the only logical scenario IMO

Really, Von Wafer demanding more minutes for his prime is the only logical scenario?

We really don't have a long road of "suck" ahead. Brooklyn is imploding, the LA teams have no cap room, I haven't heard a bad name yet for the GM job. Things are looking up moreso than down.

But he was our best slasher! How are the Magic ever going to recover?

This and I'm pretty sure that Phil Jackson turned us down because we no longer had Von on the team. The initials VW have a ring to them, kind of like MJ.

SVG was having trouble getting Shaq into buying what he was saying also. I take it he just doesn't mesh well with big men?

You don't see a major personality difference between Shaq and Duncan?

This and I'm pretty sure that Phil Jackson turned us down because we no longer had Von on the team. The initials VW have a ring to them, kind of like MJ.

You might be right, but I heard it was because the Magic would not buy him a new high chair for game nights.

I think waiving Wafer was smart. Though I would have liked the new GM and Coach to decide if that was the best option, but he needed to go. Also, Liggins showed more flash and glam than a guy that has been in the league for 6 to 7 years...that is ridiculous. Liggins btw, is amazing, and I'm glad we got rid of wafer because that will give him, hopefully, some more minutes to play because the kid has promise. He is a good defensive player and plays hard, a hustle guy kind of like Nick Anderson, and to be honest...I think we all need a hustle guy that played with his heart like Anderson did.

FHARFIGNUGGEN

• Upvote 1

You don't see a major personality difference between Shaq and Duncan?

Oh of course, TD is the ultimate team guy. But Stan has gone through this before and it doesn't strike you guys a bit odd that he lost a locker room consisting of Wade and Shaq? He had the talent in Mia and it didn't work out.

Oh of course, TD is the ultimate team guy. But Stan has gone through this before and it doesn't strike you guys a bit odd that he lost a locker room consisting of Wade and Shaq? He had the talent in Mia and it didn't work out.

He was a Wade injury away from the NBA Finals the year prior to that. Shaq hated him because he didn't want to play Zo and Shaq big minutes together, and because he didn't think Shaq was good enough to be the first option anymore(which were "smart" and "absolutely accurate" respectively, by the way).

So when the team started slowly after the previous playoff run, SVG was scapegoated, even though Wade was playing hurt and Shaq had shown up to camp horribly out of shape.

By all accounts, he never lost Wade. He lost a disgruntled big man that feuded off and on with every coach he ever had including 2 hall of fame ones. I may have misinterpreted the message that you are trying to convey. Since you quoted my previous post about Shaq and Duncan, it sounds like you are almost suggesting that all big men are the same and since Stan feuded with Shaq and Dwight while Pop thrives with Duncan that is proof that Pop handles big men better than Stan. I think Stan has been a little unfortunate with the big men that he has coached. There have been dozens of articles and a ton of games showing Pop completely go off on Duncan. I'm positive that Stan could coach Tim Duncan. I have my doubts on how long a Pop/Dwight relationship would last and I know that a Pop/Shaq combination would have been an unmitigated disaster.