Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

I think I've heard "by Wednesday" for three weeks running now.

But they mean it this time!

Or maybe not

:svgsad:

That has to be the most idiotic decision I've seen from a franchise in a long time. They hired a college assistant coach! Not a college head coach.....an assistant! I can only imagine the epic meltdown this forum would have if we did something this insane.

Ping is reporting that it's Hennigan from OKC, so that could be why its taking so long. Their season isn't over just yet.

That is what I was just wondering. Maybe out of courtesy they are waiting to make the public annoucement.

I don't get how OKC playing games would effect Hennigan being hired. He doesn't have an active role with the team's on court activities. If the Magic called him up and offered him the gig, then I would think they would work on getting it finalized ASAP. Especially with the draft being 8 days away and FA not too long after.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a distraction to his current employer. Also in theory if he has gotten the job he would already be scouting for the Magic anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Either way we are ending up with Bower and Foyle so it doesn't matter.

I don't get how OKC playing games would effect Hennigan being hired. He doesn't have an active role with the team's on court activities. If the Magic called him up and offered him the gig, then I would think they would work on getting it finalized ASAP. Especially with the draft being 8 days away and FA not too long after.

Completely agree! Plus all these guys saying they are already scouting all the players doesn't really make sense. If its Hennigan he is heavily scouting end of rd 1 guys not guys in the teens. I'm sure they have reports on all players but you go more in depth on guys you think will be in your area. Maybe it's not a huge deal but this deal should have already happened.