Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Dwight or Stan

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who should return

• Dwight Howard
    • Stan
    • Fresh start - cut both loose

his style fits this team better than Stan's does.

Perhaps, but the "***** defense, just inbound the ball and get on the fast break" style doesn't work in the playoffs

Hopefully both.

But if it ain't possible i guess i would keep Dwight. And if they are serious considering in bringing in D'antony... well................ :panicworker: :panicworker: :panicworker:

HECK NO TO D'AnQuiting!

• Upvote 1

D'Antoni's sytle doesn't work with a dominant low post presence like Dwight. Plus the whole run-n-gun **** from Phoenix that made him famous has become pretty outdated.

Keeping in mind that Dwight can run faster than any other center I think Mike D's system would give Dwight 30+ a game... especially if we get Nash!

It's real simple, get rid of Otis and SVG (I love Stan but if it means 5 more years of Dwight), sign Dwight long term, buy out Duhon, get rid of anybody that can't run the floor at high speed. Get 60+ wins during the regular season then settle in and play D for the playoffs.

Nash/Ish

JJ/JRich

Anderson/QRich

Davis/Clark

Dwight/Fran or FA

Everybody runs full speed and crashes both boards, we don't play much D, we sub a lot, we win!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like Stan but when you go public with something that was told to you in secrecy, that means you can't be trusted. Coaches are much easier to replace than franchise centers.

• Upvote 1

You need to add a Fire Otis option to this poll also. Although It seems the last 3 months everyone is in total agreement he should be canned.

I don't think we need a poll for that. No one is in favor of keeping him.

• Downvote 8

I don't understand the D'Antoni disdain.

He has put up a 6th man of the year, a MIP, 2 60 win seasons. I don't see the gap with he and Van Gundy. I think his style actually fits this team better.

Ok so D'Antoni did all of that but when someone comments about how Stan has had 2 MIP's a final appearance or a 3 time defensive player of the year you are the absolute first person to say that he had nothing to do with that, can you explain that? I mean it's like you have a spidey-sense or something for when someone mentions Stan in a positive manner. You claim that Stan's offense is terrible and ruins players, D'Antoni's defense is non-existant!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I don't think we need a poll for that. No one is in favor of keeping him.

Except maybe Alex Martins who must be waiting for Otis to make his 50?50 decision on if "HE" wants to come back. Please Otis decide "YOU" dont want to come back and be gm anymore. Do us all a big favor especially your buddy Alex who apparently doesnt have the stones to make a decision he should have made last year.

I'm not wild about it either, but do you want Brooks-*****ing-Lopez and his busted feet instead? REALLY?

If we have to go for a Center I say give me Marc Gasol and find a way to get rid of Hedo

If we have to go for a Center I say give me Marc Gasol and find a way to get rid of Hedo

6rrdpd.png

I mean, it's not great but if Dwight demanded a trade I'd do it with some picks coming our way or something.

The cap relief would be huge and we'd be getting rid of the black hole that is Hedo, also setting us up nice for the next free agencies.

Just an example

Funny how the anti-SVG people's number one arguement is how stubborn Stan is to make changes, but....

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏ @JRudolphSports

@ciths33: Mike D'Antoni would be a BIG mistake. He doesn't make teams better, his system is flawed and he's too stubborn to make changes.

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏ @JRudolphSports

And the thought is to replace him with a guy that alienates his bench, can't coach 1/2 court, won't teach D and can't make in-game changes

Funny how the anti-SVG people's number one arguement is how stubborn Stan is to make changes, but....

Yeah, as much as I loved that Suns team, D'antoni is NOT the coach for this team. I'd MAYBE take Doc Rivers over Stan. Phil Jackson, if we could talk him into coming out of retirement. Florida's a retirement state! :D