Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Ryan Anderson's Worth

No.

Can u please explain what u were against and why. BBD is playing brilliantly of late and u cant tell me that he isnt better than anderson.

Can u please explain what u were against and why. BBD is playing brilliantly of late and u cant tell me that he isnt better than anderson.

I agree with you, Mick. I think the Magic need a change of system. The stretch 4 is just too weak for teams like Indiana. The Robinson and Duncan formula (twin towers) built by the Spurs in the late 90's maybe a new way to play our game. BBD can also shoot so he would not clog Dwight in the middle. Their rebounding tandem would be killer. Our SF or SG should be our goto scorer or wing. Iggy or JSmoove for that role if SF or Ellis if SG.

Potential team for next year if the Magic get what they are rumored to be trying to achieve:

Nash (one year rental)/Meer/Ish

JJ/Jrich

GeraldWallace/Hedo

BBD/?

Dwight/?

Summer 2013 we grab JSmoove. I'd trade Ryno for JSmoove if any combinations would allow us to do it this summer I may be willing to trade Ryno/JJ for JSmoove if it legitimizes our starting core. Losing both will hurt, though.

The stretch 4 is just too weak for teams like Indiana.

We beat them all year with the Stretch-4 when Dwight was playing. This is hardly the reason why we are losing this series.

The Robinson and Duncan formula (twin towers) built by the Spurs in the late 90's maybe a new way to play our game.

Don't insult the Robinson Duncan duo by comparing them to a potential Dwight + BBD combo.

BBD can also shoot so he would not clog Dwight in the middle.

By this logic Ryan is still the better choice because he's an outside shooter, completely unclogging the lane and allowing more room for D12 to work.

Listen guys, the reason we are losing this series is because Dwight is not playing. Plain and simple. We really have no chance in this series. Any other tweaks, other than making the games more fun to watch, are not going to give us more of a chance.

Taking Anderson's name out of the equation:

What is a 6'10" PF that has a nose for the ball, gets lots of offensive rebounds, leads the league in 3s, so-so on defense, and always plays hard worth?

Ryan is one of the few players we have that is actually worth something on the trading block.

I say we keep him at 7M or less... a 1 year deal would be great so we can see where we stand with Dwight for the future.

Taking Anderson's name out of the equation:

What is a 6'10" PF that has a nose for the ball, gets lots of offensive rebounds, leads the league in 3s, so-so on defense, and always plays hard worth?

Ryan is one of the few players we have that is actually worth something on the trading block.

I say we keep him at 7M or less... a 1 year deal would be great so we can see where we stand with Dwight for the future.

As I said before, he's a great role player and plays well with D12. Add a goto scorer that can pass and we will be dangerous.

Sure can.

Glen cannot create his own shot. Those jumpers he was hitting last night were fools gold. He misses them 65-70% of the time which is why the Pacers were not even guarding him. Once Hibbert decided to contest one he missed and that was that.

Also when Dwight is playing you are not going to run plays for Glen. He has been great at flashing to the rim and finishing aside from playing against Hibbert who has 9 inches on him. You cannot run those types of plays when Dwight is patrolling the paint.

As you can see from this roster Stan has managed to squeeze just about everything he can out of it. It also shows that Dwight should be MVP, DPOY and COY. Swapping Davis and Anderson for one another is just not going to do anything to make this team better.

Also the stretch 4 thing is hilarious even though I know you didn't bring it up. The stretch 4 allowed us to get to the Finals and ECF the 2 years previous to last year and this year when our roster were in decline.

Who was the Lakers 4 man when they were winning titles with Shaq? Who was the Mavericks 4 last year. Oh just the greatest "Stretch 4" of all-time. You know when Lebron is the most effective. When he is playing the 4.

You do not need some rugged guy at the 4 to win a title. You need better overall talent and someone who can create a shot.

We beat them all year with the Stretch-4 when Dwight was playing. This is hardly the reason why we are losing this series.

Don't insult the Robinson Duncan duo by comparing them to a potential Dwight + BBD combo.

By this logic Ryan is still the better choice because he's an outside shooter, completely unclogging the lane and allowing more room for D12 to work.

Listen guys, the reason we are losing this series is because Dwight is not playing. Plain and simple. We really have no chance in this series. Any other tweaks, other than making the games more fun to watch, are not going to give us more of a chance.

k. Good points. Well taken.

Third straight postseason where Ryno has underperformed.

With the exception of Reddick, BBD and maybe Nelson at times, the whole team has underperformed.

Ryans value to this team depends on Howards future. Oh and also if Otis is still here, in which case $10 million a year is about right!

It's a bit silly to judge guys based off of this particular series in a vacuum, especially Anderson and Davis. The Pacers have my a concerted effort to keep Ryan out of the game. They've put West on Anderson knowing full well that they don't need to double team at the 5.

Anderson is never going to be an iso guy, he's never going to be Dirk. You can't get an all-star at every position, and the way this league is built, we would be better off spending money on the SF or SG position and keeping Anderson at the PF versus looking to upgrade at the PF spot (unless we let Dwight go).

• Upvote 1

Kevin Love. That is all.

He's a mini version. Not at all identical, but tons of similarities. Throw a halfway decent 7 footer (Pek is actually awesome), and a shot creating guard and Ryan would be fine. And no idiots, that's not a knock on Meer, but the lil guy misses people sometimes. It's just his game.

And we need a shot creating wing in the absolute worst effin way. TMac was the last one we had that I can recall unless you count Turk or the Ghost of Wince.

• Upvote 2