Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

Hopefully when the series shifts back to Orlando Hibbert will get a few more fouls called to even things out. When we take care of business tonight we won't be needing the ref's whistles when it comes to Orlando though!

BBD is really proving himself since Dwight went down. He is showing he can be a decent starter in an NBA team. Not the worst trade in hindsight. Bass has a much better jump shot, but BBD's rebounding, defense and hustle are superior.

I would even say that despite the better jumper, Davis is still a better offensive player. He has more post moves, an ability to hit much more difficult shots, doesn't turn the ball over, and a willingness to actually be an offensive focal point. And if you go by stats alone, BBD has been more then just a decent starter. If he kept these numbers up in the beginning of a season he would be getting all star consideration.

Hopefully when the series shifts back to Orlando Hibbert will get a few more fouls called to even things out. When we take care of business tonight we won't be needing the ref's whistles when it comes to Orlando though!

I dunno - can you point to a playoff series where the calls ever went our way? We're just not a team that gets a lot of respect from officials or the league.

Cases in point: Dwight has never shot a flagrant foul shot; if Dwight had pulled the Rondo-chest-bump, he'd be out for the rest of the playoffs. I'd be surprised if Rondo gets more than a game suspension. KG, DWade, LeBron regularly go off on the ref and have never gotten T'd up for it. Turk or Dwight blink or laugh and they're lucky if they're not ejected.

Our team has a reputation as whiners, deserved or no: we aren't going to get calls no matter where the game is played.

I dunno - can you point to a playoff series where the calls ever went our way? We're just not a team that gets a lot of respect for officials or the league.

Cases in point: Dwight has never shot a flagrant foul shot; if Dwight had pulled the Rondo-chest-bump, he'd be out for the rest of the playoffs. I'd be surprised if Rondo gets more than a game suspension. KG, DWade, LeBron regularly go off on the ref and have never gotten T'd up for it. Turk or Dwight blink or laugh and they're lucky if they're not ejected.

Our team has a reputation as whiners, deserved or no: we aren't going to get calls no matter where the game is played.

While you bring up excellent examples of past transgressions by refs I do believe that they tend to get swayed by the crowd on a daily basis, that's why I hope and expect the home crowd to be roaring this week.

Josh Robbins ‏ @JoshuaBRobbins

#NBA Commissioner David Stern will attend Game 2 of the #Magic vs. #Pacers series on Monday.

hes making sure the refs do their job to make the series tied... :panicworker:

They either need to involve Hibbert in the pick and roll or use the pump fake. Just going right into his body is counterproductive as he has about 8 inches on Glen.

hes making sure the refs do their job to make the series tied... :panicworker:

Clearly the refs have the situation under control in Miami, so he isn't needed there.

They either need to involve Hibbert in the pick and roll or use the pump fake. Just going right into his body is counterproductive as he has about 8 inches on Glen.

Six, I think, but it doesn't help that Glen can't jump and Hibbert can.

I dunno - can you point to a playoff series where the calls ever went our way? We're just not a team that gets a lot of respect from officials or the league.

The only series i recall not being blindsided by the refs was Vs. Cavs in ECF. I think they did a pretty good job in that series.

That one and this last one. A few games here and there.

When they called that traveling play, which was a good call, I was so surprised, I was actually waiting for the other refs to overturn it. That call, probably more than any other, sealed that win for us.

• Upvote 1

The only series i recall not being blindsided by the refs was Vs. Cavs in ECF. I think they did a pretty good job in that series.

Uh, the media was calling out the refs during that series.