Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

Glenn Davis has been one of the better post defenders in the league for years.. I think it's funny everybody seems to have forgotten.. He was a big reason why the Celtics gave us so much trouble because he really took Dwight out of his spots every time we played them

• Upvote 1

He's like a stick figure as well. He has no mass to him at all. Even if he could get position he's not that good of a offensive player any way. One thing baby has to do though is get into his body more when he shoots. He does that he won't block as many shots.

That really only works if your feet leave the floor on said move or have a distinct height advantage. Davis fits neither of those, I think he should stick to his short jumpshot and only take it to the hoop if he's open or Hibberts outta the game, otherwise pass it up. He's playing well but he takes bad shots while leaving good shooters open a little too much now that Dwights gone.

What does it say that we are playing without Dwight, without an actual back up center, and the Pacers have to game plan to make Hibbert more effective?

It means that Hibbert is mechanical and lacks quickness. It's a joke that he made an all star team. I would continue to go at him, and try to get him in foul trouble.

It means that Hibbert is mechanical and lacks quickness. It's a joke that he made an all star team. I would continue to go at him, and try to get him in foul trouble.

If the refs were actually calling fouls on him, half of his blocks at least looked like hack jobs...

Anyone see the TNT halftime show? Towards the end they showed a promo for tomorrows game and chuck said I'm calling my bookie now. He said last night was a complete fluke and no way we win tomorrow. Love being the underdog lol.

• Upvote 1

Anyone see the TNT halftime show? Towards the end they showed a promo for tomorrows game and chuck said I'm calling my bookie now. He said last night was a complete fluke and no way we win tomorrow. Love being the underdog lol.

screw tnt, espn and all those doubters! we dont need them!!!! :gortat: BeMagicOrBeGone

BBD is really proving himself since Dwight went down. He is showing he can be a decent starter in an NBA team. Not the worst trade in hindsight. Bass has a much better jump shot, but BBD's rebounding, defense and hustle are superior.

If the refs were actually calling fouls on him, half of his blocks at least looked like hack jobs...

A lot of those blocks could have easily gone either way, but don't expect calls to suddenly start going our way. Baby needs to force the calls. Rather than try to power up and shoot over Hibbard, he needs to turn sideways and put a (big) shoulder on him while airborne: put his body between the defender and the ball.

Hibbard will have to go through him (or awkwardly over him) to get the block. Squaring up and just trying to shoot over him just makes it too easy for the refs to call it the defense's way.

And pull the guard trick of pump-faking. Pump-fake then jump into the dude: force the ref to make the call. Guarantee Hibbard will jump every time.

Just a thought here but, if we wanted to get Roy in foul trouble, wouldn't we want to have someone do what everyone does to Dwight to have him foul out? So just let wafer run into him for the whole third quarter?

Just a thought here but, if we wanted to get Roy in foul trouble, wouldn't we want to have someone do what everyone does to Dwight to have him foul out? So just let wafer run into him for the whole third quarter?

I like it.... Maybe we could have Uhn do the same....