Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

Wow ESPN only focused on the pacers during the SportCenter highlight. They only showed JRich nailing the final 3 to win and Earl missing both his free throws. These outside analyst must be hating on the Magic.

I hope our team would shut ESPN and there garbage "journalist" up like the Mavs did when they won the championship last year.

We're going to get terribly blown out in the next 4 I can just feel it. We're way too confident right now lol.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Game 2 is a blowout in Indi's favor. In our favor? SVG has never lost a series he's won the first game in. Of course, he's always had DWade or Dwight on his roster, soooo....

Correlation doesn't equal causation, first time for everything, etc. Winning that first game? We at least make this interesting.

Players played their hearts out and SVG (and 'Meer) shut a lot of people up tonight, I hope.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic game! I haven't enjoyed a game that much since '09. I really think Jameer Nelson is proving he always should have been the catalyst for this offense (yes, I know that Orlando only scored 81 points, but if Baby weren't 8 inches shorter than Hibbert, he would have had thirty with the looks 'Meer was getting him, plus Ryan Anderson missed a bunch of open looks as well). The Pacers have two good defenders at PG, and Jameer got penetration on both of them with the pick and roll game, and he made great passes all night. We've all seen that in the small sample size, the offense generally looks better with him as the main focal point.

For those thinking this was a fluke, I think it's worth noting that Orlando couldn't hit a shot in the second half and they still battled back. Hibbert had a really hard time getting position on Baby down low, and if Baby can keep that up they are in trouble so long as Orlando's shooting improves or the Pacers doesn't. That isn't to say the Pacers shouldn't still be the favorites in people's eyes. They couldn't hit an outside shot almost all night, and despite Orlando's overall shooting woes, there 3-point shooting was not bad. If the Pacers go consistently to David West in the post next game, Orlando will have a lot of trouble with it.

It's still going to be an uphill battle, but with the hustle and heart this team is playing with, I like their chances a lot more after watching game 1.

We're going to get terribly blown out in the next 4 I can just feel it. We're way too confident right now lol.

We gotta stay serious. Game 2 has a lot blowout potential.

Lehgooooo

Guys I'm still hyped.

+1 me too. And there's more time between games now than during the reg season. Good for Jameer, Jrich.